ncfitzge

Do you have a Nav system

Anyone else have a nav system?

Not yet. But I might get one now that I've started paragliding.

Alphons
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I have a Garmin eTrex Vista... I'm not sure it qualifies as a "navigation system" in the strict sense but I do have mapsource maps installed on it and it can do routing.

of course I also know how to use a compass and a map. ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I poo-pooed car GPS Nav systems for a LONG time.

Fuck, I can read a MAP and I certainly know where I am, WTF would I ever need one of THOSE things?

Ok, so here's the deal; I've made a reversal.

Oh I still can read a map and I still know exactly where I am, but the GPS knows all the alternate routes AND can also know what the traffic flows and conditions are too. With traffic re-routing technology, it can -easily- pay for itself in time saved over the course of about half a year. Maybe quite a bit less if you use it a lot in certain cities.

So, it's going to depend on what YOUR situation is, but if you live in one of the big cities where this can come into play, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Just be sure you do your research on which exact model and service you wanna get hooked up with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

for years i drove tractor trailers around the northeast and canada and always used my road atlas and some scribbled notes. never got lost. okay, so i was temporarily misdirected on a few occasions, but not lost. ;) when i got my :D new car last year, i checked the built in gps option and like someone else said, it's great for re-routing due to traffic or accidents, but even more so if you want to find a hotel or restaurant. i ask for local info, pick hotel, and it will tell me every one for about 30 miles in any every direction. love it!
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001