unformed

Brits think cows lay eggs.

Thousands of British children think cows lay eggs, a survey has suggested.

Townies fared worst in the research designed to find out if kids know where their food comes from.

Dairy Farmers of Britain asked more than 1,000 children aged eight to 15 where they believed food like cheese, yoghurt and beef burgers originated.

Although knowledge improved with age, more than one in 10 (11%) of eight-year-olds did not know that pork chops come from pigs.

City children were almost three times as likely not know that beef burgers come from cows as their rural counterparts - 8% against 3%.

One in 10 townie children did not know where yoghurt comes from, compared to 6% of those from the countryside.

Worst of all, 2% of city kids in the sample survey thought that eggs come from cows, and that bacon is from cows or sheep.

Welsh children proved to be the least clued-up when it comes to cheese - with 11% unaware that it came from cows or sheep, compared to just 3% in the East Midlands.

But there was one piece of reassuring news for dairy farmers - all of the children knew that cows produce milk.

Dairy Farmers' Phil Gibson said: "With the Government and health organisations encouraging healthy eating in schools, it is important that children are taught about the way food is produced as well as what it contains."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13569871,00.html
This ad space for sale.

the potato.

Only in Ireland

I'm curious to know what the %age would be if that same census were given to a similar group of USA kids:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ha! Stupid fuckers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCoVaeYHzWA
I rest my case....

P.S-Actually, i am somewhat surprised at this video, as nothing that any american jumper has said on this forum has led me to believe that this is something that is universal to americans, indeed everyone appears to be well travelled etc. however the fact that some grown up people don't know the answers to some of these questions does surprise me...