metalslug

Laptop - Bluetooth - GPRS cellphone

As a skydiving community that's frequently online and mobile, maybe somebody knows.....

Using a USB bluetooth dongle and the BlueSoleil software from my desktop PC I can easily get a GPRS internet connection via a Samsung D500 cellphone without problems.
However...
Using the same USB bluetooth dongle, BlueSoleil software and connection settings on my HP nx9420 laptop, I cannot establish a GPRS connection.
I have also attempted a GPRS dialup connection via the HP onboard bluetooth device and Windows XP bluetooth software - "My Bluetooth Places". (Both machines have Windows XP pro SP2).

In both cases; the devices can see each other, can pair successfully and the Dialup Networking Service is shown as available but dialup connection attempts from the laptop are met with:
Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.

The only difference I am aware of between the desktop envionment and the laptop environment is the internal laptop hardware.
Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
No 'mericans were harmed during the making of this post.

Try changing your dial string. If you have a standard modem adapter, it will try to dial a number, usually #777. The whole command will be something like ATDT#777. Try changing it to ATDT*99#. (Or look in your phone manual and see if you can see what the string should be.)

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

Flux capacitor is in backwards.:)

Been watching the Back To The Future marathon yesterday?? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban