Muenkel

What don't you know?

Just celebration of ignorance.
Now your talking my language. I don't know anything.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

No.

Some concepts trancend any illusionary existentialism.

For instance, 1 + 1 = 2.

True, the numerical sysmbols used to convey that are, in fact, arbitrary, but the fact remains that if I have one item and I add another item, I have 2 items.

I can know that is true whether or not I actually have the items in my physical possession or simply in my imagination.

Aren't they just abstract units of measurement?
In the same fashion as time and distance?
We would have one hell of a time with any form of technology without them though.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

But if you put them in a box, do you really know they're still there?

Actually, you don't. You're merely looking at the odds of them still being there or not.

Sounds to me like you should take a course in quantum physics. I think you'll do quite well :ph34r:

Alphons
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Sounds to me like you should take a course in quantum physics. I think you'll do quite well

God love you, Fonz....but I can barely make it through Chemistry for Dummies! Imagination I've got; I don't have the math skills. That's where I'm ignorant in - math skills. If there were a course which didn't involve lots and lots of incomprehensible math, then I'd take it in a heartbeat...but I haven't found Quantum Physics for Dummies yet. :S:)
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

That's what I wonder about. How you determine the reality of something when you can't see it.

In my intro philosophy class I learned that you can't determine the reality of something when you can't see it. You can't determine the reality of something if you can only see part of it. You can't determine the reality of something if you can see all of it. You can't even determine the reality of something if you can see, smell and feel it. After all, there remains the possibility that we live in a Matrix-like world where nothing is real.

Philosophers are very sick people. :ph34r:

I don't know why Bono still hasn't found what he's looking for.

Or why he's still looking, for that matter.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

But what about those of us who are all-knowing?

I clearly stated that you don't belong here. Move along.:P

As for all you philosophers, STFU!>:( You're fucking up the attempt at embracing our ignorance.[:/]

Chris

That's what I wonder about. How you determine the reality of something when you can't see it.

In my intro philosophy class I learned that you can't determine the reality of something when you can't see it. You can't determine the reality of something if you can only see part of it. You can't determine the reality of something if you can see all of it. You can't even determine the reality of something if you can see, smell and feel it. After all, there remains the possibility that we live in a Matrix-like world where nothing is real.

Philosophers are very sick people. :ph34r:

thats not quite true...
for instance, you can sometimes determine the existance of something by seeing what is NOT there.

For instance, a black hole. How do you see something that absorbs all surrounding matter and energy (light)? You wait for it to pass in front of some lighted object and view the effects. You can now know its real.

Or maybe were all just jerking off. :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

But what about those of us who are all-knowing?

I clearly stated that you don't belong here. Move along.:P

No, you only excluded those who think they know everything. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't know if the Red Sox are gonna win the World series this year.

I don't know why, in a universe of wonders, the human species developed the concept of boredom.

I don't know why my current gerbils, Swoop & Flare, don't like chocolate.

I don't know why I never seem to have enough money.

I don't know how to compare the processing power o Intel Core Duo's to the old Pentium 4's

I don't know why Cher is asking if I believe in life after love. I've never met her.

I don't know why you've read this post.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

As for all you philosophers, STFU!

You couldn't be talking to me - I'm no philosopher.

But I wonder how you prove the existence of anything once it's out of your sight. And then again, how do you prove you've actually seen it? Should your impressions actually be trusted? What if you take measurements? Does that make it real?

What is real? Is it all an illusion, or is it concrete? And how far does illusion actually creep into reality? Is it black, white, or shades of grey? And does illusion shape our perceptions of what really is real?

My head hurts. I don't know where I put the aspirin.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~