Muenkel

What don't you know?

This thread is obviously not for those of you who think you know everything. So get out.>:(

Anyway, I don't know what Melissa Etheridge means by 'Come to my window'. I've thought about doing just that, but I figured I'd end up in jail.:|

So, what don't you know?

Chris

I used to have a friend, Bob LaMont. Philosophy major in school. He used to say, "You don't know, what you don't know, ya know?"

What he meant by that was that you might think you know something and you might think you don't know something, but it's the stuff you don't even know exists that you really don't know about.

Which, if you think about it . . . is really almost everything.

EVERYTHING you know fits in a space of about 1 cubic foot, but the universe is infinite.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't know how much wood a woodchuck can chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood.

I do know the answer to that, and I would tell you, BUT, I am not in the state of mind to do so at this time.

I don't know why the doctor would send me home with pain killers and an antibiotic if she thought I had appendicitis. Don't ya think she'd want to look in to it a little further before it burst? Can't trust anyone these days, can you?

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

"You don't know, what you don't know, ya know?"

So what you're saying is it's easy to know what you know and it's easy to know what you don't know, but it's hard to know what you don't know that you don't know. Y'know?

I don't know when to use "como" and when to use "que."

What exactly constitutes knowledge anyway? I mean, do any of us really "know" anything at all? Or do we just think we know? Isn't knowledge really just an illusion, a regurgitation (or in your case, Dave, an expectoration)?

No.

Some concepts trancend any illusionary existentialism.

For instance, 1 + 1 = 2.

True, the numerical sysmbols used to convey that are, in fact, arbitrary, but the fact remains that if I have one item and I add another item, I have 2 items.

I can know that is true whether or not I actually have the items in my physical possession or simply in my imagination.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But do we really know that 1+1=2, or are we just repeating a trend that we've observed time and time again, because we have never seen 1+1 not= 2?

If I have one hot chick and I get another, why can't I have a threesome? :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't know how Genghis Khan killed millions of people in the time frame given by history.

I don't know why Simply is now osessed with Genghis Khan. Nor do I know why I keep making fun of his love of the color orange.

I also don't know why I didn't think of Youtube.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

But I didn't ask "what is truth," I asked "what is knowledge." Sure, all of us can regurgitate the formula. 1+1=2. Simple. But do we really know that 1+1=2, or are we just repeating a trend that we've observed time and time again, because we have never seen 1+1 not= 2?

One soap bubble plus one soap bubble equals one soap bubble. :)

Matt

I can know that is true whether or not I actually have the items in my physical possession or simply in my imagination.

But if you put them in a box, do you really know they're still there?

That's what I wonder about. How you determine the reality of something when you can't see it. That screwed me in chemistry, too.

I'm celebrating my ignorance. And I've got a LOT to celebrate!!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~