DustyP

jumpsuit.....how thigt is too tight??

i just bought a tony jumpsuit and think it may be alittle too thight!
what to do? anything i can do to stretch it?
i talkin like skin tight....super hero thight!
should i sell it.....or go out lookin like "Super D"
i know that people have diffrent types of suits for diffrent reasons...
let me know if you want me to post a pic....i laughed my ass off for about 10min lookin at myself in the mirror!
later all

It's entirely possible that your torso measurement was too short. If it looks like that standing up, what's it like when you lie on the floor and arch?
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Did you buy it new and custom fit for you? If so, work with Tony Suits to get it to fit right. If you paid that kind of money, you should get something that fits right.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Are you tall and slim? Short and fat? Somewhere in between?

Your jumpsuit is a tool to help you improve fall rate range. If you are long and lean, or just small in general, chance are you will need a tight jumpsuit.

Now that does NOT mean you have to go sportin' the moose knuckle.... or camel toe for the ladies.

There should be enough room down there for you to be able to raise your hands and arch without causing any type of discomfort.

I like to measure my customers personally (for various reasons :) ), but if they have to measure themselves, I like to realy point out that YOU MAY NOT LOOK DOWN when taking the zipper measurement. Go from that happy little place where all seams meet in your pants, then go comfortably around the "package" and up to the "hole in throat". Best to have a buddy help out with that one. Preferrably someone you like.

Now post a pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

If you still have full range of movement (i.e. can do most of your morning stretches) then it is not too tight.
The second test relates to your body type and how fast you fall relative to jumpers at your home DZ. Like Bonny said, tall skinny jumpers usually wear snug-fitting jumpsuits, whereas plump - or muscle-bound - jumpers tend to wear baggy jumpsuits.
Please tell us more about your body type ...

That's about how my jumpsuit fits, and it's exactly what I need it to be. Actually, still need 18 lbs of lead for my team. (5'7", 140 lbs)

Your jumpsuit is too tight if:

1) it restricts your flexibility
2) you're sinking out on every dive

Otherwise, the tigher the better, because the more it conforms to your body, the more control you have in freefall.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."