Shark

Tax season...

Carrie,
I have never said anything bad about you in the posts. I have never said your name. We all agree to disagree here without animosity. I have never posted anything directly to you. This is the first time and if you really believe I have, I can only say that you have taken something the wrong way and it got personal for you. You did, however, call me "stupid" once for my natural abilities. And if you would like for me to start posting bad things, i can, believe me, with the best of them. If you feel guilty about something, maybe you should take a look at it. I have nothing against you. At least I don't, although I have had a bunch of e-mails about judgementallity and arrogance about you. Would you like for me to post them?? I shan't stoop that low. And this is the only time you will find a post from me directly to you. So don't worry about me. Fly your own canopy and don't worry about me. I do fine. Again, if you think I have offended you by a post, it has not been directed to you. We can and will continue to have disagreements here (all of us). It is not personal. It is just an opinion, and like anal openings, every body has one and most of them smell.
Triple F

but that is no excuse to attack me for being lucky enough to be able to work very hard and put myself through school and support the things I want to do. Alhtough I like you very much, Lisa, I did not deserve that response as I said nothing about the kind of person you are.

How did I attack you? You called me irresponsible. I merely responded to your assertion that those who don't pay their bills on time every month are irresponsible. I felt that you were attacking anyone who has ever NOT paid a phone bill on time.
I stand by my statement (made in jest btw) that if you haven't blown off a utility bill you aren't a real skydiver. To me, the "real" skydiver will make whatever sacrifices are needed to get their knees in the breeze, even if they can only jump once or twice. People who can afford to jump as much as they want have no clue what it is like to do one or two jumps then have to stop because the money is gone. Those of us who have sat on the ground watching all our friends go up to do a shit hot skydive (and usually giving several of them pin checks before they load up) 'cuz we can't afford to go with them are the "real" skydivers; those who can afford to jump as much as they want are just skydivers.
Flame on....
pull and flare,
lisa

Lisa,
Once again (and it seems like all the time, every time) you are right on the money. Dead center. I would hate to get into accuracy competition with you. I think you would win every time. WWOOOO, look out Cheryl Stearns, the Skybytch is on her way back into the air soon.
Triple F
ps. Yep, I read the same post that you did. And anytime you want that third jump, call me. I'll make sure you get it.

Alrighty then! Cool out guys and girls! Shoudn't we be putting out a hitman on Mr. Taxdude/IRSman instead?? Come out to our rainy dz and have a beer on me (or pour one on me.)
BTW, I always give shit to GHOpr, and he's not bitchin. Shit can flow both ways. Hell, if Baby Huey/Bullwinkle were online he'd be shittin up a storm! Just as he does at the dz.
Peace, out.
Shark
(Agent 99. (thougt the Brownie girls would like that one.))

You're presuming that everyone is getting money back. I just finished my taxes in a record 3 hours. I owe Uncle Sam, and Georgia owes me. Unfortunately, I owe my uncle more than Georgia owes me by a few hundred.
I just hope Bush can get some of his tax cuts implemented despite Democrats in congress. I especially like how Bubba Clinton has gotten them to phase out deductions if you make "too much". That's right if you make enough money to have something left over for charity you can't even get a tax break for giving it away. Now that's an incentive to give!

You did, however, call me "stupid" once for my natural abilities.

As you say, I never said *your name* I said in general that doing hook turns at 18 jumps is a stupid move b/c not only do you risk your own life you risk the lives of the other canopy pilot's around you. I *never* called you stupid b/c I by far do not believe you are. You have made some very intelligent comments on DZ.com and even the most intelligent people do dumb things and in my opinion, your hook turn at 18 jumps was one of yours. I never called you stupid.
I find it hard to believe, although I'm sure you're not lying that you have recieved e-mails about me being arrogant or judgemental but if that is what some people believe than that is okay with me. I'd rather them think that about me then know just how low of a self-esteem I have sometimes. Very few people knows what if feels like to walk into a room and not know anyone and yet every girl in the room immediately places judegement upon me. I'm just one of those people I guess that people always are quick to judge without having ever taken the time to get to know. I try to say *screw them, I don't care* but in reality I do care b/c I know I'm a nice person, I know that I'm not arrogant, and I know that there have been very few times in my life where I have ever placed judegment of any negative kind on any other. To be arrogant means to be full of themself and if anyone has come to that impression about me it is through what they want to see and not how it is. I can't please everyone although I try and like I said, for some reason, I'm just one of those people who everyone assumes has had a fabulous life and loves myself so much, ext. Which is far from reality and which is why I try to volunteer so much to help other young kids who face my similar situations.
You say you didn't ever mention my name but anyone with half a brain (which everyone on here has demonstrated they are quite intelligent) would easily know you were referring to me. It doesn't hurt any less just b/c your post didn't begin w/ *To Carrie*. I work very hard and like you, I have my own *natural abilities*. The difference is, if you say something about something awesome you did and I say something, everyone would congragtulate you (I'm speaking in general) and most would call me *arrogant* as you said. I have never had anyone e-mail me from DZ.com anything but really awesome things and I really appreciate each and everyone that posts here.
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

You called me irresponsible. I merely responded to your assertion that those who don't pay their bills on time every month are irresponsible.

Again,I NEVER called you irresponsible alhtough I see how it came off that way, so I do apologize for that. I do not think simply b/c you skipped a bill makes you irresponsible. What I said was that just b/c I paid mine deosn't make me any less of a skydiver than you.

Those of us who have sat on the ground watching all our friends go up to do a shit hot skydive (and usually giving several of them pin checks before they load up) 'cuz we can't afford to go with them are the "real" skydivers; the rest are just skydivers

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree b/c I think anyone who can jump whether they have a job that pays well or not and who LOVES being able to jump is a REAL skydiver. I guess all the sponsored teams who don't have to pay aren't *real skydivers* either. For the record though, I CAN'T afford to jump all I want. But maybe if I didn't pay my rent this month........
oh wait, I didn't even have enough for that. Lucky for me, I sold my favorite (and last after I sold the rest for AFF a while back) surfboard to cover it. I guess in your eyes, however, b/c I paid that bill and didn't chuck it all to go skydiving, I'm not a real skydiver. Oh well. I'll jsut have to settle for as you say being *just a skydiver* b/c I still have an awesome time doing it when I get the chance. And when I don't get the chance, I am still at the DZ every weekend. Haven't missed but one weekend since I started skydiving 6 months ago. I'm glad that when I get my tax return, I'll be able to cover my unpaid bills and then hopefully have enough left over to skydive.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

Wow,,
Ladies chill !! Now,, kiss and make up,, and post us all the pict ok??
I'm envious of you bastards getting a return,, payin again this year and haven't started ta pay for last years, and that one really stung the pocket book,, it'll be a while before I can even think of gettin a used rig and gear,, not ta mention I'm gettin most the bill's in my divorce while that BI*@H, oops, kiddin, aww never mind,, what was I sayin,, in my book your all real skydivers,,, I mean ya've done it more than once, not like folks who do one tandem just ta say they did it,,, I guess I'm in that almost responsible bracket,, I pay most all my bills on time, still have decent credit,, but will put off a bill if it means not jumping on a sunny day, especially this time a year,,, but I decide which ones don't get paid in a very responsible manner,, pay the credit cards on time,, or that fuckin interest kills ya,, and really it's like money in the bank cuz ya can use that again,, then they give ya more credit!! and I have tremendous respect for anyone out there who works as hard doing what you ladies do and have accomplished,,,, rasin kids solo,, goin ta school an workin is a bitch.... can't we all just get along?????

Billy, WELL SAID! You and I will be in the same bracket next year b/c when my swim coaching season starts up, I'm considered and *independent contractor* now for my company so no tax return next year but I shouldn't owe either....I hope.
Thank you again for that awesome post. Although it shouldn't, this arguement has been bothering me all day. I'm glad you had something nice to contribute to both parties:)MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

I AM NOT WILLING TO LET THIS GO!!! I have been bashed for my actions, by somebody who doesn't know me, has never seen me jump, doesn't know of my experience, hasn't taken the time to find out that I don't land where other people are, has accused me of placing other people in danger, has called me and my moves stupid with out research, has said that my moves at 18 jumps were dumb before finding out what/how I fly, refuses to take responsiblilty for her actions here in these pages, and claims that I started something that I know nothing about... If the Boss Man choses to delete me and my opinions, so be it, but I refuse to play here without taking up for myself.
Triple F

Sharkman,
Got napalm, 500 lb.ers, rockeyes, sidewinders and a couple of old zunis left over, all loaded, complete with 20 mike mike's loaded with about 600 rounds. I'm sitting here on Cat 2 in full military power, ready for my next sortie. Cat 1 is waiting for ya'. Let's rock and roll. Yea, tho I fly through the Valley.........
Triple F

Edited by TripleF on 3/5/01 03:31 AM.

has said that my moves at 18 jumps were dumb before finding out what/how I fly

I have zero idea what "moves" PLF was ragging on, but I couldn't care how you fly. You don't know shit at 18 jumps and anything other than just focusing on getting down in one piece would be pretty stupid IMHO.
And that's just an OPINION, we all got em, and they ain't worth a crap.

Who said anything about a refund?!?!?!?! Sucks being self-employed!

Yeap... my accountant just called to please me with the "really bad news" that I owe more than $20K in taxes for 2006. He was impressed that I was happy, as my own calculation showed a couple thousands more (and that's a lot of jumps!), but I got the overall impression was that he expected me to commit a suicide right now.

You need to live in Europe for a few years. Maybe Canada would work too, have no idea how high taxes are there. But taxes in U.S. are joke comparing to those in some European countries. If you make more than 100K there, expect to pay about 50K or more in taxes - and in most cases you'll end up much more than you expected.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

I agree- self-employment is the one sure way to never get a refund again- :P

A refund is payback from an interest free loan (average term 6-8 months depending on when you file) which I wouldn't willingly make to anyone who isn't a friend or family member. I'd much rather accumulate interest on that money at 5.4% right up until April 17th at which point the IRS gets a big check.

As long as the amount of that check is not a surprise. Sent the Feds a $7000 check the tax year I got married and state $700.

I just hope Bush can get some of his tax cuts implemented despite Democrats in congress.

We're going to pay for Bush 43's spending (inflation adjusted increases of discretionary non-defense spending have been higher under him than Clinton and Carter) one way or another. Higher taxes now, higher taxes later to pay interest on the debt, or in devaluation of the debt through inflation which also wipes out our savings.

Preserving his tax cuts only delays the inevitable.

I especially like how Bubba Clinton has gotten them to phase out deductions if you make "too much".

The itemized deduction and personal exemption phase-outs were added during Bush 41's presidency in 1990. Clinton only extended them in 1993.

Prior to 1913 America did not have a national income tax. The exemption for single people was $3000 ($60,444 in 2006 dollars) and married couples $4000 ($80,592). Up to $20,000 in earnings ($402,962) were taxed at 1%. People earning over $500,000 ($10,074,057) paid the astronomical top tax rate of 7%. Only 1 in 271 Americans were subject to any tax under this scheme.

Social Security was introduced in 1935 with a rate of 1% on the first $3000 ($43,664 in 2006 dollars). The employer rmatch was added later.

Since then the Democrats have not been solely responsible for the huge increases in spending and the taxation to support it. While the Republicans had a reputation for limited government they don't live up to it.

Billy, WELL SAID! You and I will be in the same bracket next year b/c when my swim coaching season starts up, I'm considered and *independent contractor* now for my company so no tax return next year but I shouldn't owe either....I hope.

If you net over $400 in self-employment income you are required to report it to the IRS and pay them 15.3% for FICA+Medicare taxes. If you're doing that work for a company they'll let the government know about the income. Better to file and pay in April of the following year than be surprised with interest and penalties.