Shark

Tax season...

Ahhh, tis the season.... As I sit here staring at the tax software and procrastinate, a question begs to be answered... So what do I do with that tax return money????
Better yet, what will you do with it? New rig? Main? Jumpsuit & toys?? Hmmmm
Edited by Shark on 2/28/01 09:38 PM.

considering my mom is claiming me (that bitch :) what little i am getting back is going towards AFF. it should have been in my account on saturday, and it still isnt here! it had better hurry up! maybe next years income tax will get me some gear but until then Im more than content to spend it on AFF.
froggie

Half of it is going toward a trip up the pacific coast HWY to ORE, WASH,Canada and back w/ my wife and kid and the other half reseeding my back yard (I know, i know):(
But who knows I should be off student statice by then and maybe hit a couple of DZ,s on the trip!!!!!! Whyffo permiting :(
jason

ahhhh the ol refund. Because the wife and I are both 100% comm salesfolks, we get purdy xited. Majority of whats left of our new house down $$$ and the rest of the $$ it will take to get the ol A.
New Rig? HA, I wish....maybe next time.
Cloudless Skies! and nice DZ rentals!

Hey Shark,
What?? Taxes?? What is that?? Tee-hee, I haven't paid taxes in 26 years. Am I supposed to?? Did I miss something?? Is Uncle Sam supposed to give me all the money that he does and then turn around and take part of it back?? Does this mean that I can't have the tags for my cars for free anymore, or that I have to pay property taxes too?? What about my hunting and fishing license?? Are all these things that I've gotten for free gonna be taxed now?? Medical, dental, and optomitry?? No more military hops to strange and exciting lands?? Does this mean that I've gotta go to work?? Man, what a bummer. Work is a four letter word.
Triple F

well since I'm getting so little(yet enough for this) back
once i see my account spike up, I'm spending a week jumping.
where? im not sure yet but i have an idea. i should be all healed up(or at least enuff to jump again) by the time my taxes arrive. looking forward to it.
i've been saving since i broke my collarbone for this stuff. even though i haven't been able to jmup, i'll have all my own gear(paid in full) and some (tax) $$ to take a vaca.
:S :)
live it up, get high ;)

considering my mom is claiming me (that bitch :) what little i am getting back

RIGHT ON FROGGIE! Ha ha ha...me too! I was REALLY hoping to buy a new freefly suit since (I won't name the name of the suitmaker who makes my suits since he's a friend and don't want to give him a bad rep but:) the suitmaker wanted me to look figurely rather than look like a freeflyer. Needless to say, I want a freefly suit with a little more drag and not so tight around my waist, bust, butt, and thighs....HA HA HA. The girls call me Skydiver Barbie b/c that's exactly what my freefly suit looks like and I want one made BIGGER even though now I'll have to pay for it. However, like you, what LITTLE money I'm getting back has to go to my bills. BILLS BILLS BILLS.....do they NEVER stop????
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

carrie,However, like you, what LITTLE money I'm getting back has to go to my bills. BILLS BILLS BILLS.....do they NEVER stop????
the rule is, if you dont open the envelope then you never got the bill. so you dont have to pay it,right.
boy i hope that wasn't just a rumor otherwise, I'm screwed:)where r u jumpiung ,now?

lazerq3, that'll be a gorgeous trip (I live in Portland), and freefall is pretty scenic in this area! DZ in Kapowsin, WA is supposed to be pretty cool, too.
I actually owe taxes this year, so I'm getting pretty jealous seeing what you all are going to get with your refunds!

where r u jumpiung ,now?

Deland mostly. Palatka when there's video to do for BZ and Sebastian this weekend for the boogie. Hope to see you soon Joe!

imho, if you haven't blown off a utility bill to go skydiving, you aren't really a skydiver.

Wow, I wonder what I've been doing all this time then. I've blown off a LOT for skydiving and have no regrets but just b/c I'm responsible enough to want to be able to suport myself at 20 years old and be in college at the same time with only my scholoarship as aid, I wouldn't say that doesn't make me a skydiver b/c I pay my bills. Everyone has their own priorities and skydiving is at the top of mine b/c I have no greater passion in life and have the desire to do so much with it but it certainly doesn't come before taking care of myself.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

Wow, I wonder what I've been doing all this time then. I've blown off a LOT for skydiving and have no regrets but just b/c I'm responsible enough to want to be able to suport myself at 20 years old and be in college at the same time with only my scholoarship as aid, I wouldn't say that doesn't make me a skydiver b/c I pay my bills. Everyone has their own priorities and skydiving is at the top of mine b/c I have no greater passion in life and have the desire to do so much with it but it certainly doesn't come before taking care of myself.

Ouch! I feel that you are telling me that I shouldn't be a skydiver because I was dumb enough to get pregnant at 18 and was not able to fit college, work and raising a child into the 24 hours per day we are all alloted.
I like to think I'm at least semi-responsible; I've managed to raise a pretty good kid by myself, which should say something about the quality of my character. Having worked full time (plus) at $6 and $7 an hour just to pay the rent and utilities, buy some food and maybe get one or two jumps in on the weekend, I have had to make the choice - do I jump again and put off the phone bill til next week? Or do I put my (crappy old used) gear away and pay the phone bill this week? Maybe this makes me irresponsible in your eyes but usually I chose to make the skydive.
pull and flare,
lisa

Skybytch,

What you have done with your life is very impressive. I am proud to say that I consider you a friend and would not hesitate to jump with you anytime. In my lowly eyes, you are A REAL PERSON and not some wanna' be that thinks that throwing around names will get them somewhere. We all know and appreciate how you handle yourself. And contrary to how I act here in the forums, someone else should take the advice,"Better to be thought a fool, than to open the mouth and confirm it". Love ya' lady.
Triple F

Well, come to think of it, I could pay off my student loan that was established in the mid '80s..... Naaaaah!
More skydiving stuff! And get this....I pawned my old laptop (new $2k) for $200 and bought a ProTrack!
BTW, since the original post I still have not completed my taxes. (actually haven't started yet.) But, I may
since we are expecting more rain here in SoCal.

Utility bills? huh? you mean i was supposed to pay those? roflmao!! that must be why my whuffo roomie is freezing to death every night! haha! i knew her feet were blue for a reason! lol...god i'm cruel. just call it PMS. or lack of altitude, whatever. i didn't pay my Energas (natural gas) bill for two and half months...it was $250 and i did pay it last week, but damn! that's a lot of jumps! if i could have just made another month or two, it would be summer! :D then i wouldn't need natural gas! or i could bottle the farts in the plane and the gas would be free!
sis

I feel that you are telling me that I shouldn't be a skydiver because I was dumb enough to get pregnant at 18 and was not able to fit college, work and raising a child into the 24 hours per day we are all alloted.

Lisa, this is by far not what I meant at all. I never attacked your character. You made a comment that b/c I pay my bills, I must not be a *real skydiver* b/c I haven't blown one off to make a jump. Never did I say anything about the type of person you are for having skipped a utility bill. I simply was contradicting your statement that those who haven't skipped a bill can still be *real skydivers*. I was very upset at that comment you made b/c like you, I work very hard.
I have always had a lot of respect for you and am sorry I gave you a bad impression. I'm not sure where you got the idea that you must *dumb* for having got pregnant, ext. All I said was that b/c I pay my bills, it's not for you to judge whether that makes me a real skydiver or not. I'm sure it's been very hard on you raising a child, but that is no excuse to attack me for being lucky enough to be able to work very hard and put myself through school and support the things I want to do. Alhtough I like you very much, Lisa, I did not deserve that response as I said nothing about the kind of person you are. I have many different friends from all walks of life and I leave it to God to judge, not me. I love everyone, for the most part and everyone has to make their own choices in life to do what's best for them and I would never hold any of your own choices against you as I would have hoped you would me.
And to FFF, Lisa, I care enough about to make amends with, you have had nothing but mean BS to say to me since my first post so I could really give a shit what you have to add. I know a lot of people on DZ.com like you a lot and b/c I know they're awesome people, you must not be so bad yourself, but as for how you always go against me, I just have nothing nice to say to you and I'm glad that last time you said some things that several people e-mailed me (instead of posting) to just shake off your comments.