ladyskydiver

After 2 years of busting my ass....

Yeah, like everyone said, keep at it.

When I applied to med school, I put out 9 solid apps.

flat rejected from 4.

interviews at 5

2 more rejections

wait listed at 2

and got into 1.

It's expensive and frustrating.

Just to give people an idea....I graduated with a 3.8, and in an interview I was still asked to explain the only C of my life in Latin 202 freshman year.[:/]

You'll get there hunB|

Thank you!

Just to give people an idea....I graduated with a 3.8, and in an interview I was still asked to explain the only C of my life in Latin 202 freshman year.[:/]

**shaking head**
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

to get the pre-reqs for vet school...I received the last response from the schools I applied at. It's 3 for 3...rejected. [:/]

I know that it's exceptionally hard to get into vet school. There were over 800 people that applied for 80 slots at the last school.

It still sucks. So, I guess that once this semester is over with, I'm back to working 35+ hours a week...until I can get back into school.

**sigh** Think I'm going to go have a drink.

I am so sorry.....keep your chin up....you will get through and make your dreams come true.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I applied at UW-Madison (in state tuition is much, much nicer), University of Missouri-Columbia (have family near there), and Ohio State University (again, have family near there).

So, nope...not limited to in state - or even in country - vet schools. I'm going to be opening up my scope this fall.

As much as I dislike Washington State University, they do have a very good vet program and I don't think it's that tough to get into. Plus, the town it's in is cool and we'd welcome you at both of the closest DZs. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I applied at UW-Madison (in state tuition is much, much nicer), University of Missouri-Columbia (have family near there), and Ohio State University (again, have family near there).

So, nope...not limited to in state - or even in country - vet schools. I'm going to be opening up my scope this fall.

As much as I dislike Washington State University, they do have a very good vet program and I don't think it's that tough to get into. Plus, the town it's in is cool and we'd welcome you at both of the closest DZs. ;)

Blues,
Dave

Short on staff again dave:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Cora,

I know you aren't giving up and that's why you're going to get into vet school. Squeak was so right...perisistance pays off. Enjoy the time away from it because you're life is going to change in such a big way once you get in and then you'll be reminiscing about how you once had free time!

Don't be discouraged. It's part of the right of passage. Just do like you're planning...expand your scope a little. Definitely reapply to the first three programs. (they'll consider that to be dedication on your part)

You're getting close to your dream and I have NO DOUBT that we'll be reading your acceptance post very, very soon! You're one helluva chick, they'll realize that, too! B|

And, seriously, make sure you enjoy some free time. Sleep, eat well, exercise, do what you love, get more experience in your chosen field and you'll do great! :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

I'm so sorry, Cora, but know that this is just a set back, and that

a set-back :(
is a set-up :S
for a come-back:)
Take the time as an opportunity to work on some things you might need to do to make it easier for you when you do get in...because you will.

Oh, and if you are bored I have 4 dogs, 4 horses, and 4 kids so you can come help.

HUGS,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.