BMFin

Crossfire2 109 to a Mirage MT ?

This goes a little offtopic:

No Im not sure... I think jumping out of airplanes is not really wise overall.

Anyway. I have 300 jumps with 120 sqft. canopy and I feel like I have now got enough juice out of it. doing mostly 180´s. I also feel that Im now in the point when I will be more safe with a longer recovery arc.

Thanks for the concern !

Whats about a Safire2 139ft²? The Mirage container sizing guide shows that a Pilot 132 will fit snugg into a MT. IMHO the Pilot packs much bigger than a Safire. I've demoed a Pilot 140 wich packs as big (maybe bigger) as a Safire2 159. Both canopies with ~100-150 jumps on it.

Whats about a Safire2 139ft²? The Mirage container sizing guide shows that a Pilot 132 will fit snugg into a MT. IMHO the Pilot packs much bigger than a Safire. I've demoed a Pilot 140 wich packs as big (maybe bigger) as a Safire2 159. Both canopies with ~100-150 jumps on it.

I haven't personally seen a Safire2 139 fit into a MT...it sounds a bit too big to me. If you do get it to fit, you will probably be damaging the stiffeners in the main container flaps to get it closed.

Get the next container size up...an MO...which will be tight with the 139, but at least you won't be damaging the container stiffeners.

Mike
ChutingStar.com