chrissylicious

Have I earned my new toy yet ??????

I bought my husband a Remington 870 express magnum 12 gage shot gun for Valentine's day and I sent him on a 4 day back packing trip to the Olympic peninsula a couple of days ago while I spend my spring break at home with the kids.

Have I earned my new toy yet?????

P.S.
He gets sex when ever he wants it ;)
"I will stick you with a rope"- ME

whydo you want a Honda?

Its a nice starter bike and its in my price range

Unless you tell my husband that I have MORE than earned my new toy and that I should be able to pick ANY toy I want at ANY price range ;);););););););););)

So are you dead set on a cruiser?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't care what they say, that's a nice bike. Harley Schmarley, you'll be riding in style for a lot less dough, and your hands won't go numb hanging on to a Milwaukee Shaker. :P
<<<>>>>

That's cool you guys have the toy thing worked out. Vskydiver and I got no problems there. She and I get all the guns and parachutes we want, no complaining allowed. I don't get motorcycles any more 'cause she's afraid of widowhood. Probably a realistic fear, the way I used to ride. [:/]

Thanks John, I think the bike ROCKS myself B|

I wasn't going to even sugest a Harley.

I asked if you were really set on the Cruiser, because I honestly dont believe they are very good bikes to LEARN how to ride on.
I feel there are much better bukes to learn on in the sqme price range
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

whydo you want a Honda?

Aha! The question really is: Why wouldn't you want a Honda?

Autos or motorcycles, amongst the best build machines in the world...good stuff!!B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

whydo you want a Honda?

Aha! The question really is: Why wouldn't you want a Honda?

Autos or motorcycles, amongst the best build machines in the world...good stuff!!B|

Not sure about that I've owned a couple of Hondas, None that I have seen can copmpare to my current Ride 1979 CAFE'd Moto Guzzi 1000 300,oookm on the clock starts 1st time EVERY time, never misses a beat. Not to many 28 year old Hondas can say the same;):P
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We have a 650 Honda in the family (that looks like the 650). It's been a great starter bike, in part because of its low center of gravity, and because it's low enough that someone 5'1" can flat-foot it comfortably.

Even though it was only planned to be owned for a year or so, 3 years later it's still the owner's only bike.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bikes are kinda like airplanes. Some are harder to get in (Otter VS King-Air), some are faster (DC-9 VS DC-3), some are bigger (C-130 VS Piper Cub).

It all comes down to you and the quality of the instruction you get. If you attend the DMVs Motorcycle safety coarse, and have a good rider handy to help you with all the tricks of the trade you will do well.

I wouldn't be a good S&TA if I didn't mention good safe gear. In the Millions of road miles I have done over the years, I have never even gone to the other end of the street without a helmet. I have never ridden in anything other then shoes or boots and always with gloves. To do anything else, is asking for it.

My family is prominent in local racing and I am very very keen on safety.

I will descend from the soap box now, and say, "nice bike". This type of bike is A little bit heavy for a starter, but you have to start somewhere. Because of the low seat height you should have an easy time of things.

It sure sounds like you have earned the new toy. Now get out there and go ride to the DZ.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I asked if you were really set on the Cruiser, because I honestly dont believe they are very good bikes to LEARN how to ride on.

Did you learn on a Cruiser in order to have that opinion?

I learned on my Harley Fat Boy and it was a cake walk. Softails have such a low center of gravity they handle awesomely at low speed, parking lot driving and are rock steady on the highway.

I cant imagine a better bike to learn on.
__

My mighty steed

The Honda Shadow is a great bike. The low seat height is a big plus. It was my wife's first bike after taking the MSF course. She was a little worried that it was too big for her first (1100cc) but she feels very comfortable with it now and you'd swear she's been riding for years. With 12000 miles on her 99 shadow it's never failed to start never a hickup and all I've ever done to it is change the oil.

Take the MSF course, it's well worth what ever it costs now (was $25 but I was told it was going up this year) I guarantee that after you take that course at some point in your riding career that you'll have a close call and say to your self "wow that course just saved my life"

I hate to say it but riding bikes is even higher risk that jumping outa airplanes. Just ask wildblue.

If you have any questions just ask (or PM if you like)

-Jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not a bike, THIS is a bike!

Al kidding aside. Be careful!

You started it. Steve

Thats not a bike this is.

My last bike was exactly carbon copy. stickers and all. 140HP 380lbs. made your eyes bleed just looking at it.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not a bike, THIS is a bike!

Al kidding aside. Be careful!

You started it. Steve

Thats not a bike this is.

My last bike was exactly carbon copy. stickers and all. 140HP 380lbs. made your eyes bleed just looking at it.

Too fast for me.;) I'd rather cruise Brookside and stop of at Crow Creek Tavren.

steveOrino