jefmwols

old parachutes

I'd assume that you are looking for old round parachutes. Most of us here have newer square ram air or elyptical type canopies. Those few that do have rounds keep them around and jump them for nastalgic reasons.

Your best bet would be an Army-Navy surplus outlet or Ebay.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

Maybe this?

When I was in the 4th grade (1969), we had a round parachute that all the kids spread out holding the outside edge. On the count of 3, we all raised the chute as high and as fast as we could, stepped underneath it, and then sat down while holding the edge behind us.

That, was cool! ;)

We called it the 'Jiffy Pop'. :ph34r::ph34r:

Note that most round skydiving parachutes - built during the last thirty years - have numerous holes in them. Some of those holes are covered by mesh, but they still don't hold enough air for schoolyard games.
Also remember that round parachutes fell out of fashion for skydiving (mains) 25 or 30 years ago.

Those few that do have rounds keep them around and jump them for nostalgic reasons.

Your best bet would be an Army-Navy surplus outlet or Ebay.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hee!
Hee!
I use old round parachutes to collect dust on the back shelves of my loft.
Hee!
Hee!
Every couple of years, someone asks me about the old (sort of round) Para-Commander on the back shelf, but when they hear that I intend to charge for a repack, quickly lose interest.