SkydiveStMarys

So who is still running

Yep...but work has piled on more hours so it has become a two to three times a week thing (I'm just too freakin tired)....Once I go on vacation on the 22nd I will get back into the groove again. I don't go back till the 2nd of 2007!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I am. I've had to take time off now and then for sickness and shin splints, but I finally bought new shoes and am still going at it. The shoes I had been running in before were hand me downs, and were already worn out by the time I started using them, so I was just asking to get hurt. :$

Just curious as to who is still doing the running program.

Actually...I quit mine,
if you'll recall I only ran to the local mini-mart when I was out of smokes. :ph34r:

Well...here we are into day 3 of my cold turkey stop smoking program...:o

So it's just been peachy....things going just REALLY F U C K I N G well!!!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Down to my very last nerve with these idiots I live with! :ph34r:

Where the hell did I put the AMMO! :D:D:$

Anybody have any idea how long the GRUMPIES take to subside?! :|:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Two to five miles a day...depending on how tired I am, and how busy the gym is. I don't get the same workout on a treadmil as I do running outside...sucks.
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

Sad as it may sound, I haven't run since I started my new job. Ran the first few days of the job over a month ago, and haven't run since. Shit just keeps getting worse and worse, and I just haven't had one bit of energy to run after work anymore. To offset the possibility of becoming a fat-ass, I've been rock climbing 3 times per week and doing plenty of pushups, leg exercises, so with any luck I might be able to start running again soon. Things will settle down a little after Christmas, so my goal is to start running again just before the New Year, get back up to 3 miles if I can't still do 3, and keep working up from there, no matter what it takes. If I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to run before going to work, so be it. I'm not going to be a non-runner upon starting 2007.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Haven't posted in a while, figured I'd find the most current runners thread and put in my progress. Started running again over a month ago, but had to stop due to a vacation and other small things. I was up to 2 miles in under 18 minutes, which was pretty good in my mind. Started up again Saturday after doing lower body work for a week to recondition. First run was a slow 3 miles, total time of 25 min flat. Then I did a bunch of agility drills to finish it off. Ran again 2 days later, this past Monday, slowed the 3 miles by some for a total of 25:21, and did double the agility drills and some leg power drills to finish it off. Running again Thursday evening after work, and will try to keep the same pace and run some more agility drills. And with any luck, I'll have my new weight vest, so I'll do the agility drills lightly loaded. Goal is to be at 6 miles well before the end of summer when I will hopefully be heading off to law enforcement training in order to get some use out of my body and mind.

I would not recommend jumping from no running to 3 miles, but my body seems to be able to take it. To be clear, that's not exactly normal, and don't follow my example, always use a progressive climb to a greater distance or faster time.

And that's all I have to say about that.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche