Mostly_Harmless

Ever run a red light?

Has anyone here run a red light and been caught with one of those cameras? I did that tonight and think I might have been caught. I didn't realize there was a camera and thought I could make the yellow. I am looking to see how much the ticket cost you (this happen in NYC). If you live in NYC then I would really like to know how much this cost you. Thanks.

Has anyone here run a red light and been caught with one of those cameras? I did that tonight and think I might have been caught. I didn't realize there was a camera and thought I could make the yellow. I am looking to see how much the ticket cost you (this happen in NYC). If you live in NYC then I would really like to know how much this cost you. Thanks.

Yep, I'm in Los Angeles and my mom was in the car. Got it in the mail...her pic, my car. I'm having a difficult time getting this taken care of.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

what ... are you supposed to stop at a red light. Come live here in Africa, here stopping at the red light is only a suggestion **lol**

seriously ;)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

I haven't gotten tagged in NYC...

I did get tagged in Wilmington, NC. They sent a ticket out, which I didn't pay, and then some person fought it in court and won under the grounds that only a police officer can write a ticket and give it too you.

Good Luck.

I might try to fight it on the grounds that I wasn't driving... You said your mom is in the picture but not you... You don't even have to say she was driving if it clearly shows she is right seat.
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

I've gone through a red light by accident a couple of times. VERY VERY lucky... :S I live in an area where we do it the old fashioned way, cop catches you, cop chases you down, you pull over, etc. So I don't worry about the camera shit. Probably won't be that way forever though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yep, I'm in Los Angeles and my mom was in the car. Got it in the mail...her pic, my car. I'm having a difficult time getting this taken care of.

Hopefully you haven't been to court yet... I've been in court when they've dismissed those cases if the owner wasn't the driver. At least in the court I was in, all you had to say was that it wasn't you and you don't know for sure who it was... If it's obvious that it's not you, then they'll probably dismiss it.
Gravity Waits for No One.

I got one a few years back in the Bronx. I think the ticket was around $100. Not positive, but you don't get any points on the license. Not that big of a deal. They even mail you pictures of the incident. I don't think I have them anymore. This was also about 8years ago or so. But I definitly remember it wasn't that big of a deal.

Don't you worry, NYC won't keep you waiting. You'll know soon. You think $361 is high, you've done it in NYC! where all tickets are a triple there than anywhere else. Sorry man. NYC is a great place but the tickets are just extortion!