nvknight04

Tax Refund = Tandem!

Yeah, I've thought about AFF quite a bit. But it's a little too much responsiblity for my first jump. I want to tandem & simply enjoy the ride first...kind of an experiment to see if skydive is a right fit for me. Obviously if I freak out & or completely freeze up during a tandem jump, significantly less risk than the same during AFF-1. Baby steps to the dropzone...

Went out with friends yesterday & brought up skydiving. "I've been thinking alot about skydiving lately..." and I got this look like I was insane. Lol, guess all skydivers are a little bit. :P

Let me tell you, this site is AMAZING. It has been so much help and links to tons of great resources. I have learned a lot here. I'm trying to educate myself on terminology, gear parts, and common problems and cut-away scenarios, etc. etc. Anyways, the more I read the more I'm genuinely interested in the sport, which I guess is a good sign.

Which, by the way, what is a line over? I've been trying to figure that out for a while now. I know what line twists are, but I'd really like to see a picture of a line over (whatever that is)

-Amber
"Be The Change You Wish To See In The World"
-Mahatma Ghandi

Which, by the way, what is a line over?

Something your Aff instructor will teach you.

Dont try and learn to much before you do a jump or you may get the wrong interpretation and put yourself in harms way.

I am sure someone will explain to you what a line over is in detail. I think it is something an instructor should teach you, not an internet forum but that is just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your tandem just dont think you know what to do and always listen to everything he says to you.

Where r u going to do your tandem> maybe someone from here works there.

Enjoy.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Oh no, sorry. Definitely sounded like a smart-a there. Just so I know what I'm getting into, that's all. As far as the instructors are concerned, I'm going in completely clean slate and expecting them to build me from the ground up.

No, I am not a sky god.

-Amber
"Be The Change You Wish To See In The World"
-Mahatma Ghandi

You didn't sound like a smart ass. Just trying to point out that it is not that good to fill your mind with so much information. The instructors will tell you what they want you to know.

You show spirit and thats great, just dont try to learn too much as you may not be learning the method your instructor wants you to know or the way he wants to teach you. This is of course if you were to be doing aff.

Watch some videos www.skydivingmovies.com

.Karnage Krew Gear Store