Lindercles

I love Atlanta

The following is a once in a life time serious post. Please don't expect this trend to continue.

So, it's after 4am here, and I can't sleep because I'm finally going home tomorrow. I came for the Dublin boogie and had such a great time I just couldn't bring myself to leave.

So I just wanted to say to all the people I've met and hung out with in the last week, you're all awesome and every one of you has made me feel at home here. I only hope you remember me the next time I decide to crash your party for a week. Until then, don't take anything I post seriously.

Nice meeting you in Dublin and I'm glad you got to hang out with the ATL peeps. If your not really careful, you'll end up having a lot of fun when you get around them.:)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

You're awesome too, even though you never did teach me how to breathe fire. :P

Seriously, sorry I didn't make it out last night, but it was good to have you at trivia. You can help yourself to our pitcher of Stella any time. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

If youre not careful you'll move here.
A very similar thing happened to me.
Its good to have had another cool kid in town.

Oh, and what you've seen this week, its pretty much a regular thing here!;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It was good to see you at dublin, Sorry i didn't make it to either trivia, or neighbors. I am glad you had fun, and like Laura said We thinkg you are cool even though you didn't teach us to breath fire.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

You say that now, in March. Wait till they turn the humidifiers on in the summer.:S

Ah, seriously, the ATL kids do know how to take care of their visitors. They sure treated me right in the six months I was there on the project from hell. Having friends to see in the evenings was about the only thing that kept me (semi) sane during the days.

Sadly, though I love the people, I just can't quite bring myself to love the city itself.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I moved to ATL about a year and a half ago. I had friends and family instantly. All the "cool kids" are really great people, too.

Not sure this is the city where I want to live for the rest of my life, but I sure do love the people.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Yum! I miss Atlanta from when I lived there during law school. I don't know about Harry and Sons, but I miss Six Feet Under and whatever that place is over by the Carter Center--something about Two Licks, I think. Great, now I'm homesick for Atlanta AND hungry! :D
TPM Sister #102

Yum! I miss Atlanta from when I lived there during law school. I don't know about Harry and Sons, but I miss Six Feet Under and whatever that place is over by the Carter Center--something about Two Licks, I think. Great, now I'm homesick for Atlanta AND hungry! :D

I have playoff tickets!!! and my team is going:P:P I'd definitely share;)
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Only in Atlanta

You give directions starting with, "Go down Peachtree" and include the phrase, "When you see the Waffle House."

You only know their way to work and their way home.

You only drink Coke or Diet Coke - drinking Pepsi is blasphemy.

You know to wear sneakers to the airport.

The 8:00 AM rush hour is from 6:30 to 10:30 AM. The 5:00 PM rush hour is from 3:00 to 7:30 PM. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday afternoon, and lasts through 2:00 AM Saturday.

You use "Sir" and "Ma'am" if there's a remote possibility that person you're talking to is least 30 minutes older than you are.

You can say Ponce De Leon Avenue correctly.

The falling of one rain drop causes all drivers to immediately forget all traffic rules.

If a single snowflake falls, the city is paralyzed for three days, and it's on all the channels as a news flash every 15 minutes for a month. All the grocery stores will be sold out of milk, bread, bottled water, toilet paper, and beer. If there is a remote chance of snow, and if it does snow, people will be on the corner selling "I survived the blizzard" tee-shirts, not to mention the fact that all schools will close at the slightest possible chance of snow.

If you are standing on a corner and a MARTA Bus stops, you're expected to get on and go somewhere.

Construction on Peachtree Street is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment, especially when a water line is tapped and Atlanta's version of Old Faithful erupts.

Construction crews are not doing their jobs properly unless they close down all major streets during rush hour.

You never go 55 on "The Watermelon 500 or the Georgia 400.

You know you're not allergic to pollen, because if you were - you'd be dead already.

You've never gone around the block and ended up on the street you started on. You know where 'Butthead' and 'F*ckhead' are, and it's the same part of town.

You haven't been downtown at night in years

You've woken up at 4:30 am on workdays to beat the traffic to work, intending to leave work before 3 pm to compensate.

You know at least five different ways to get to work, none of them ideal

You know what "sunshine slowdown", "auto-flambé'", "topside" mean, and what color a H.E.R.O. is.

You know where PIB, JCB, FIB, MLK, PDK and "Grady curve" are, and you try to never go there during any of the nine hours of rush "hour"

You've thought about getting a blow-up companion for the front passenger seat

You hope you are the one to spot the vehicle that is the subject of the latest "Amber Alert" which has been flashing for ten minutes on the DOT message board exactly 13.5 feet above the hood of your SUV

You've been in traffic on 85, 75, 20 or 400 (choose one) - wondering if your fuel, your cell-phone battery and your bladder will make it to the next exit, just 1/2 mile ahead

It's 4:30 pm Sunday, you're stone-cold sober and you've just finished the last left-over hot dog when you realize that in exactly 12 hours you have to get up and go to work - again

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Atlanta.

I have playoff tickets!!! and my team is going:P:P I'd definitely share;)

YOU HAVE TICKETS?!!
TPM Sister #102