DJmikeD

New Rig came in

Well the new Gear came in and wanted to get your opinions on it. It flys Great and had a chance to put a couple jumps on it today. It is an infinity Rig with a Fusion 190 main, with a PD 176 Reserve. Tell me what you think of the color combo.

"Falling is the easy part, Landing smoothly is the most importent part!
-DJ Mike

You kinda broke the no more than 3 colors rule, but both are shades of gray. Looks great. Your combos are rather unique. Glad you like it.

Looking at your first picture though, I think your bumper suit may be too tight! Can you fall slower than the 130+ I fell with you on Labor day?

ahh Man forgot about the beer thing. I just spent 6000 do I have to spend another 30 on beer?

Others may consider this blasphemy, but you don't need to buy beer that costs that much.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hey that color scheme looks familar! B|

I dig it, looks real nice and congrats on the new gear!

I sent you a PM as well :P

thanks elisha,

Well I have to say that I like the colors and that is who I was buying them for. did not want them to be like any others out there. Besides I see exactly where I am at in the video on big dives. This of all sports is one that you can not take your self to seriously. If you do you will forget about the important aspects of the sport like checking your gear.

-DJ Mike

thanks elisha,

Well I have to say that I like the colors and that is who I was buying them for. did not want them to be like any others out there. Besides I see exactly where I am at in the video on big dives. This of all sports is one that you can not take your self to seriously. If you do you will forget about the important aspects of the sport like checking your gear.

Sure. I'm jealous of all you new gear people too.:)
Yeah...can't take yourself too serious...like the all important HAVING FUN!

Just interested to know why you went for a green cutaway pad and then a red reserve handle? My logic would have them the other way round - red for 'emergency' and green for 'go reserve'. On my rig (still waiting for it to arrive) I've gone for both red - theory being my reserve drills are so ingrained I would automatically pull the right hand first.
Skydiving is more than a sport and more than a job: skydiving is pure passion and desire which will fill a lifetime.

well my thought was if I look down in a panic and see red that means stop, Pull the other one dummy. then pull the red.
or
Pull the green - green light go - start the fall
Pull the red - Red light stop - stop the fall.

I really dont think I will ever look at them when I pull them but I might. I make sure that every time I get in line to load up in the plain I go threw the drill and also right before I Jump. over the years it will be in my Genetic Code.

-DJ Mike

Congrats on the new rig. I look forward to drinking on of those :D's. I've spent lots of $ on DZ :D, but I drink lots of other people's :D there as well.

You'll definitely be easy to spot with that neon green. Try to keep it out of the dirt. I had my '05 Infinity scotch guarded because I have some white on it. I love my Infinity, and my PD 160 Reserve flew great when I needed it. Don't worry if you fall a little faster than Elisha, he's floaty. I'll see you at Skydance some time.