pullhigh

Vasectomy?

Well, I'm about sick and tired of rain coats. I've got all the kids I want. No use in the wife having to remember to take a pill everyday...

So, Id like to hear the pro's and con's from the male and female point of view.

Ganja "I neutered the dog, why not myself" Rodriguez

It's really not a bad idea. If you're sure you don't want any addition to the family and the wife is okay with it then go for it. Its easier for you then it would be for her. And if for some reason you change your mind, you can always reverse it.

Now the down side. It is relatively a painless prcedure. The will give you a numbing shot so you won't feel the vasectomy itself. But that shot they give you to numb your nads will be the most pain you will ever experience. But the bright side is it only lasts for like 3 secs. Now some guys don't feel anything from start to finish but others do feel the shot to get things started.

Also, if you don't keep ice on you nads and take it easy for the first few days, your nads will look like bull nads. You won't be able to close you legs, pee and even shit without them getting in the way.

You will also have to take in 3 sperm samples to make sure there are coming back as blanks. So yes, that means you will have to jack off and take it to the office in a little cup. And you have to do it within the hour of jacking off so they can get an accurate reading.

Does this help?:)
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

wow a sperm expert....
The shot didn't hurt...barely a pinching sensation.
I didn't use any frozen peas or ice of any kind...was jumping two days later....
Run the batch in the car on the ride...just have the girfriend spit it into the cup...nice and fresh.;)

someone do a search as we've done this before a few times!

Been almost a year since my snip job and I couldn't be happier with it. Little pinch for the numbing shot, sore for a few days afterward, but had it done on a monday and was doing aff and tandems that weekend. Kept it iced for three days and had no swelling issues. Only had to provide 2 samples to confirm there were no swimmers. Weirdest thing about it was rubbing one out a couple weeks after and having a little blood mixed in with the jizz...that or trying my best not to pop wood while the very cute asian urologist had her face in my crotch!
Miami

And if for some reason you change your mind, you can always reverse it.

But that shot they give you to numb your nads will be the most pain you will ever experience.

Also, if you don't keep ice on you nads and take it easy for the first few days, your nads will look like bull nads. You won't be able to close you legs, pee and even shit without them getting in the way.

:)

Stangely enough none of that is correct for my case

The anesthetic injection is painfull, but bareable, depending on how well the precedure is performed it may well NOT be reversable, my surgeon removed enourgh VAS and cauterised the cut ends so the likelyhood of a reversal is very very slim.
I did not need to (nor was it recomended) to put ice or and other frozen products on my groin.
The worst i felt was a constant ache for about a week.
It was done on a Friday i was at work on monday and at the DZ the next weekend
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, I have a horror story to help you. :)
A good friend of ours went in and had a vasectomy. the doc nicked a nerve of some type and totally screwed up the operation, so poor Randy's nuts were HUGE and completely black and blue (that part is normal) for MANY WEEKS (not normal). He was in such intense pain, he couldn't work, could hardly walk, and had pain shooting down his legs (I believe it was down his legs; could have been back too, I do not recall precisely).

Anyhoo, it's been 2 years plus, and he is still in pain. -Not as bad as it first was, but he still can't do the things he used to do...and his biggest gripe was not being able to have sex with his wife for months.

It was not good, but that is the ONLY bad one I have ever heard of.

PS...I got my stuff fixed instead of Joe. Medically, it is a more invasive surgery on a woman and has a longer recovery time, but I didn't think it was so bad. Psychologically, it can be more difficult on a man to have a surgery done, as told to me by male doctors.

Personally, I had just about 30 minutes of sorrow over the finality of it all, but then I've been a happy camper ever since. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The wife is a post op nurse. At the clinic where she used to work lot's of guys were getting vas reversals. She said the pain was somewhere around...put them in a vice and tighten it down.
SmugMug

If you get it done on a Friday, the wife will fetch you drinks, without question, one weekend of your life Shocked

Wanna bet? My husband had his done just over a year ago. I sat next to him on the couch and cracked walnuts, just because it made me snicker to do so ;)

He was sore for a couple of weeks, but nothing debilitating. He did it in December, so it didn't affect jumping at all, I like not being on the pill any more, I'm getting old now and didn't like the increased risk of stroke.

We have no kids, neither of us had any desire to have kids of our own.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

If you get it done on a Friday, the wife will fetch you drinks, without question, one weekend of your life Shocked

Wanna bet? My husband had his done just over a year ago. I sat next to him on the couch and cracked walnuts, just because it made me snicker to do so ;)

He was sore for a couple of weeks, but nothing debilitating. He did it in December, so it didn't affect jumping at all, I like not being on the pill any more, I'm getting old now and didn't like the increased risk of stroke.

We have no kids, neither of us had any desire to have kids of our own.

And you didn't fetch him drinks without question?

Hmmm.... it's true what they say about you..... >:(
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

And you didn't fetch him drinks without question?

Hmmm.... it's true what they say about you.....

He'd probably say that I catered to him and took good care of him. All I remember is the glee of cracking those walnuts in homage to his battered balls. It was fun helping him give samples too :)

The best part was when we walked in with the second sample post op, he had a broken hand, in a cast. The doc took stared at his hand, then at the jar and said 'you didn't do that getting your sample did you!?!?!"

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Well, I'm about sick and tired of rain coats. I've got all the kids I want. No use in the wife having to remember to take a pill everyday...

So, Id like to hear the pro's and con's from the male and female point of view.

Ganja "I neutered the dog, why not myself" Rodriguez

Come on bro...we talked about this before. The shot hurt for a second or two:o and 20 minutes later I walked out of the office.B| Had it done in CHS and stopped at BK on the way out and got a large cup of ice for the ride home.;) Nothing to it! :$

Gimme a call and I'll go with you and talk either you or the Doc through it, which ever you prefer...:D

Malolor "I'll hold you hand but nothing else" Rodriguez:ph34r:

Don't get the vasectomy or tubal if you think you might want to reverse it. These should be thought of as PERMANENT methods of sterilization. PERMANENT! NO MORE CHILDREN. NADA. ZIP. Like your sperm count should be. Reversals are expensive, generally NOT covered by insurance and they don't always work.

Don't get the vasectomy or tubal if you think you might want to reverse it. These should be thought of as PERMANENT methods of sterilization. PERMANENT! NO MORE CHILDREN. NADA. ZIP. Like your sperm count should be. Reversals are expensive, generally NOT covered by insurance and they don't always work.

You can, however, put some tadpoles on ice first if you think there's a long-shot chance you might just maybe change your mind. Well, ok, not YOU...him...bah :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You can, however, put some tadpoles on ice first if you think there's a long-shot chance you might just maybe change your mind. Well, ok, not YOU...him...bah :D

Blues,
Dave

True.... but, you gonna keep them in your fridge or hers? :P

Its not as big a deal as some people make it out to be.

My hubby and I decided we didnt want kids due to some genetic health problems that run in the family and so he got a Vasectomy in January.After he goes in for his 3month check up and tests come up clean(no sperm) then I can stop taking my birth control.But there is a possibility that a man can be fertile up to 6 months after surgery,so be sure to get the green light from the doctor that youre clean.

Its was a very easy procedure that he did on an outpatient basis.He required 48-72hrs of bedrest and taking it easy for the first week..no straining or heavy lifting.He had some mild discomfort but nothing that couldnt be taken care of with advil or asprin.

So my $.02 on Pros and Cons are simple:
Pros:
1.dont have to worry about condoms
2. a woman doesnt have to put more chemicals into her body (the pill/the shot/patch etc)
3.no pregnancy scares
4. very easy operation with minimum recovery
5. you can resume your sexual activities as soon as you feel ready to do so,although you will still have to use alternative contraception (the pill,condoms etc) until you get your tests back clean.
6.most insurance covers this procedure

Cons:
1.slight disconfort at the incision area
2.the doc might tell you to put ice on it:S so that might be a bit discomforting
3.you have to pack your pants with tons of gauze which is awkward but for your own good as it keeps everything in place for minimal discomfort (some docs require the use of a jock strap for this purpose too.
4.its not a 'quick fix' to the problem.You still have to wait several months before you're shooting blanks and that all depends on how much you ejaculate after the surgery to get all the built-up sperm outta there.So the more the merrier.;)
5.if you decided later down the road to reverse it,that procedure is a bit more involved and alot of insurance doesnt cover a reversal.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to PM me or my hubby:loco.cerveza
I'll direct him to this thread to get him to put in his $.02 too.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Scott,
I highly recommend it. As long as you are sure that you don't won't any more kids. The only side effect is that you will probably grow some nice man-boobies. It doesn't really hurt either, you will be sore in a way that resembles the blue balls for a couple of days. Then after you deliver your samples and are clear, you can "Let her rip"!!!

How do ya like it Johnny?

My experience was very little pain for about 3 days, after 24 hours total bed rest. I had to pack like a lot of gauze in my shorts to keep the boys from between my legs. In fact I had mine done on a Wednesday and on Saturday I was helping my Father-in-law load hay and feed horses without any problems or pain.
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor