seaweedknees

Nitro2 canopy

Hi
I recently bought a second hand Nitro2 135. I was concerned about how easy it would be to get a lineset for it in the future so contacted the Nitro manufacturer in the US. I discovered that the canopy I had was thought to not be in circulation although it was made and has a few mods over the Nitro at the time (04). I beleive because the designer of the Nitro (a guy called Pascal) stoped making them in Europe and the US Hiper took over but decided to not sell or produce the Nitro2. I guess the one I have was sent out during a very small window of time when it had been made but the business was changing.
Does anyone know of any Nitro2 canopys out there being jumped or is mine the only one?

edit to say: not sure if it was designed by a guy called pascal just told that they thought he hadnt sold any so assume he was also designer.

If you contacted Beezy Shaw with HiPer USA you went straight to the source for Nitro information.
The Nitro is marketed here in the US by Beezy via HiPer USA. I put about 600 jumps on mine and loved it. Beezy was always there to help if I needed it. The Nitro is still in production today. (unlees Ive missed something)

the Nitron was the Nitro design licensed to Precision for production and made with a different material.

I know that Germany company produced a few units for Precision as demo units for WFFC in 02 (I think) before they started production. I wonder if thats the ones you are speaking of. If so, I had one and was serviced by HiPer.

Ive never heard of a Nitro2, and would be interested to hear any outcome of that.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The Nitro was designed by the late Klauss Schenk in Germany. Pascal worked closely with/for Klauss. After Klauss' death, Pascal and a couple of others in Germany continued on with sales of the Nitro and we formed a loose partnership, my company being HiPerUSA. The Nitro2 you have was an experiment; Pascal was interested in moving the production of our canopies to another sewing facility and adding a big design to the surface of the canopy, but the airfoil and line trim were identical. The design added so much pack volume that the idea was scrapped. Sewing was never moved to the trial company for verious reasons. So, the Nitro remains as it always has been, manufactured where it always was, and this "Nitro2" is a one-off prototype that you ended up with somehow.

Thanks for the info. I just thought that knowing a bit of history behind a canopy that I couldn't find anything about would be nice. It does pack big but as the container I put it in was made for a 150 it fits nicely, maybe even slightly bigger than the 150 in it beforehand (spectre). Awesome canopy. Only jumped it twice but really like it.

...The Nitro2 you have was an experiment; Pascal was interested in moving the production of our canopies to another sewing facility and adding a big design to the surface of the canopy, but the airfoil and line trim were identical. The design added so much pack volume that the idea was scrapped.

So what is this "big design" on the surface? Some really think decal or something? Just curious.

I know that Germany company produced a few units for Precision as demo units for WFFC in 02 (I think)

The Nitro canopies that Precision had at WFFC '02 were made in Korea (airfoils only). At that time, the fabric was from Gelvenor in South Africa. I assume that Beezy is referring to Korea not Germany when he says "the Nitro remains as it always has been, manufactured where it always was."

George Galloway

I jump at the center that nitro is advertised at.... bit strange as i don't regognise it... its to big to be any of the riggers there as he flies a 98 and 109 or somthing to the like....

It might be cool and a real sale. phone kim or mike at the dz... north london parachute center or chateris and find out who owned it...

I jump at the center that nitro is advertised at.... bit strange as i don't regognise it... its to big to be any of the riggers there as he flies a 98 and 109 or somthing to the like....

It might be cool and a real sale. phone kim or mike at the dz... north london parachute center or chateris and find out who owned it...

Its Nicks canopy Sam.
Before too much doubt spreads, heres a picture of me underneath it.
Recognise me?

Anyway, hows it going and when are you coming up next? Its been months.

Bogus?

If it was bogus surely the guy who posted earlier on this thread would know as he owned the company that made that canopy! HiperUSA.

I am sure someone else who has a connection with the company will read this thread as it about a canopy they never released but did make. Why on forums do some people who know absolutely nothing about what the topic is about think they have some useful information to pass on.

This IS a Nitro2. It was made by HiperUSA. If you have any questions please ask.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1035689;search_string=nitro2;#1035689

The above link is to a thread where the guy who I bought this canopy from is saying he has just ordered a Nitro2 from the manufacturer. That is the canopy that is now for sale. You will also be able to see that that same person is the one who posted a picture of the canopy on this thread.

It is not bogus! The only way it could possible be bogus is if this is a scam 3 years in the making in which we have paid off all employees of HiperUSA to keep quite.

The guy who made this canopy has posted on this thread saying that it is identical to a Nitro with a couple of mods such as the pattern on the top and bottom skin. I am not the one saying this, it's the guy who designed and made the thing. Can you read? The reason it did not go into production is because the pack volume is big, again posted by the guy who made it. If you scroll up you can read his post and then I wont have to repeat it all.

It will fly the same as a Nitro as it is the same canopy. That means that the canopy behaves the same as a Nitro. If it is a Nitro don't you think that means a review of a Nitro would also apply to the flight characteristics of this because it is the same canopy design made by the same company? The changes were not aerodynamic ones.

Instead of just continuing to say this is bogus and not legit please explain why. You don't have to mindlesly post on every thread. Maybe it would be better to just post on subjects that you actually know something about.

Good luck on selling that!

Why would he need luck selling it? I was the original owner before nick, and will stake my reputation on this being genuine.

So if you know nothing about this canopy then keep your glib comments to yourself. It really annoys when people post replies with little knowledge and experience.

If anyone is interested in this awesome performingand looking canopy and have any questions then pm me
Journey not destination.....

hello mr chip, how are you doing.....

Sorry i did not recognise the canopy, i did not want to add to the drama... but it would have sucked had someone been scammed. Thought the best advise was to get anyone intrested to phone you guys at the airfield. (good advise me thinks)

anywho, nice looking bit of kit.

I've been jumping a fair bit at hinton as they were doing progression course's up there, meant i could get my b and fs1 quicker.. and not have to ask for someone to go through spotting with me for the millionth time. its boaring i knowbut give me a break.

Anyway will be back b4 jan when i get a few off maybe a trip to langer on the monday*??