IslandGirl2005

Skydiver Accused of Mooning Cop

Thank you Vegard for the chuckle. After the last couple of weeks I wish I was there with ya in the intersection!:)
Skydiver accused of mooning Fla. cop

DeLAND, Fla. -- - A visiting Norwegian skydiver was arrested after exposing his buttocks to an officer, police said.

Vegard Svarstad, 24, of Norway, was blocking traffic at an intersection early Saturday morning, according to an arrest report. When DeLand police Lt. David Heinig stopped at the intersection, he told Svarstad to continue across the street, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.

Instead, the man started to dance around, pulled down his pants and mooned the officer, Heinig said.

Svarstad was charged with disorderly intoxication and taken to the Volusia County Branch Jail on a $250 bond. At a first-appearance hearing later Saturday, Svarstad said he was preparing to return to Norway.

Prosecutors decided that his night in jail was sufficient punishment, a State Attorney's spokeswoman said. They dropped the charge and released him.
"When you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will always be." Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

This post doesn't belong here in the Incidens Forum. Reading the Forum Posting Guidelines that appeared when you clicked on the "Post New" button would have told you that. I have quoted them below for your benefit:

Incidents Forum Posting Guidelines:

Before you start a thread in the Incidents Forum or reply to post please consider the guidelines below:

-The purpose of this forum is to report, discuss and learn from fatal and serious non-fatal incidents.
-Most, if not all, new threads here should start with the report of an actual incident. General safety issues or small and potential incidents should be posted to the Safety and Training forum.
-Incidents include: malfunctions, cutaways, wraps, collisions, crash landings etc. I trust everyone will use their good judgment before starting a thread or disposing of advice.
-In case of a fatality please post your condolences to the Talkback forum (now Bonfire) and keep this forum for discussion.

Arrive Safely

John

Yup. Like the newspaper haven't had other "skydiver" stuff to write about already! I guess it is the we vs. they thing! Anyway, I was glad for the laugh!
"When you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will always be." Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newWEST02032707.htm

There.

Proper link in proper forum!

These two weeks there's two training camps for norwegian skydivers in Deland Fl. One is for freeflyers and one is for FS jumpers. I'm only guessing this is a freeflyer:).

We are also informed on the norwegian forum that the name should not be revealed to "protect the parents". I was just inches from posting this link there. :o

:D

Well, I hope they don't read this forum, then.

And of course, as there was neither video nor fine, it didn't really happen.

:D
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

It sounded like innocent fun to me and a breath of fresh air to be smiling instead of frowning! Now he has a good story to share with friends too!

I like your signature....his ego is...