skybytch

persuasive speech topic

Just do skydiving.

The kids in your class will be falling asleep for probably the majority of the presentations. No matter how well prepared you are, it completely sucks to give a speech and have to watch a bunch of lazy bastards nodding off right in front of you.B|

You will get maximum audience retention if you talk about something "cool" like skydiving. I did when I had to take a speech class, and it was cool to actually be able to see some enthusiasm about the topic from other students in the class. It made the public speaking thing so much easier.

But if you want to challenge yourself and watch a bunch of 19 year old brats falling asleep on you.. go for it.:P

Edited to add: I'm feeling jaded about my classmates today.:S:$

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I did mine on getting rid of the death penalty.

You may not agree (not sure) but I got an A.

If you want PM me and I could give the points that I focused on. (that's if you are against it) If you are not then another topic that another student did was lowering the drinking age to 18.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Totally!

I was part of the 4H and Debate Club as far back as middle school---so speech was never a problem for me. But, I didn't end up taking it in college until my junior year--right when I started skydiving.

I did EVERY speech about skydiving, of course.:$:DB|

My "How To" speech was the best! I brought in my rig and showed "how to" pack a parachute. Granted, I had just learned myself, and haven't done it (maybe twice?:D) for myself since, but...damn it I got an "A" in "how to pack a parachute" biatches!:P

Regarding swooping--I happen to think it's amazing. I'm not a professional skydiver so obviously do not jump enough to warrant attempting a swoop (except way up in the air where I pretend.:$:P). But I'd LOVE to be tandem on one--(You know who you are and you PROMISED we'd do it!) And if ya'll haven't checked out some of the videos on canopypiloting.com recently, you should! Amazing! But, there are too many other new & old experiences I love that I'd just never dedicate enough time to be able to do what those boys and girls do. But, one still can admire.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm stuck. I have to give a 6-9 minute persuasive speech for a class and I can't decide what topic to speak on. The topic must have nothing at all to do with skydiving (not cuz the teacher said so but cuz I think that'd be too easy).

I'd prefer that it be non-serious, which is why I'm asking here. Although it does need to be "appropriate for a college classroom" which is why I probably shouldn't have asked here. But that's okay; if you suggest something that isn't appropriate I'll just assume you are a swooper. :ph34r:

Help?

Do something on Jerry Springer for Mayor.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Persude the kids to quit college and live the glamorous life of a skydiver/gear store owner. I know that was a highlight of your life! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What about why it is ok that you pour beer down the sink . . .

because you were a dumbass letting it go warm... :P

NO - Because you have more in the trunk - DUH!!

Ok... that is officially stuck in my head now :| Maybe the leprechauns will beat it out.