wrespess

Question about vector container sizes

I'm going to buy a new vector and want to know if i can squeze a stilleto 170 into it? I understand that according to RWS's website that a 170 calls for a 348m, but i'm looking to downsize eventually and would like to not have to buy another rig. I'm not set on any particular reserve and understand that different brands take up more or less space. What do you guys think? Can a Stilleto 170 fit into a 347m?

:)
60 jumps & you want to ride a ST170 & thinking to down size soon ??????

Which DZ will let you jump a ST.170 with 60 jumps or so ?

How many jumps you have on your SP210 ?

If you want to enjoy the sport for a long time move step by step - do not run.

Do not push yourself into a corner !!!

Think about it !!!!!!!

Safe Jumps !!!

That's not a bad wingloading for your experience level, but a huge downsize at once. I hope you're planning on spending the next few (5-10) jumps on canopy skills, and making freefall skills a secondary part of your learning curve for those.

It hurts a lot worse to mess up the landing than to mess up the freefall.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Call RWS, tell them what canopies they have, and talk to them about the appropriate sized container.

Interestingly when I ordered my vector, I had told RWS that I had a Samurai 170 and a PD 176R Reserve. They sized me a V348. When I got it, it just didn't fit right. Rigger said the reserve was a bitch to pack, and it felt like a brick. Harness didn't fit well. Talked to RWS, and they admitted that was a mistake, and should have been sized as a V350, and built me a new one.

I'm now very happy with the fit, and glad to have a reserve bigger than my main.

BTW, I jumped a Safire 209 for my first 500 jumps, before downsizing to a Safire 190 for next hundred jumps, then went to my Samurai 170 at 600 jumps.

What's the rush????

Call RWS, tell them what canopies they have, and talk to them about the appropriate sized container.

Interestingly when I ordered my vector, I had told RWS that I had a Samurai 170 and a PD 176R Reserve. They sized me a V348. When I got it, it just didn't fit right. Rigger said the reserve was a bitch to pack, and it felt like a brick. Harness didn't fit well. Talked to RWS, and they admitted that was a mistake, and should have been sized as a V350, and built me a new one.

I'm now very happy with the fit, and glad to have a reserve bigger than my main.

BTW, I jumped a Safire 209 for my first 500 jumps, before downsizing to a Safire 190 for next hundred jumps, then went to my Samurai 170 at 600 jumps.

What's the rush????

Thanks for the advice. I'll just call RWS.

Also, I feel very comfortable on my 190, have taken a canopy skills course with scott miller, going to take the advanced skills course before i downsize; and most importantly, I want more speed under canopy.

Possibly due to your additude, or lack of jump numbers in your profile? ;)

If you got slammed that bad, I am sure you already knew what every one was going to say when posted up about down sizing to a Velocity 89. :D;)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

haha. not quite. it was actualy a pretty humble and reasonable query, or so i thought (190 to 170) and gave my jump history. it was probably due to the fact that people didnt read the entire post, or even more probable, because im a 19 year old republican that eats meat and goes to church...not a popular combination here it seemsB|.
we need to talk about your flare..