Superman32

WTF?

Med school exam (2nd year)

Today we had a Behavioral Sciences oral exam -- We get 12 min to conduct a patient interview and get proper history, and explore the all aspects of the pt's personal life. We are graded on the questions asked flow of interview, diagnosis, a couple of differentials and plan. It's 11% of the total grade so it's important enough.

There are few scenarios they use -- mine was nice and simple - pelvic inflammatory disease __my proctor was a bastard but that's ok.

Here's the WTF? The other scenario they were using was:
25 year old male - Homosexual with Rectal bleeding -

WTF ! What do you do with that? Tell him to stop it doing it or lube it up? :-)

**Disclaimer**
I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with being a homosexual.
**Disclaimer end**

It was just an odd case that surprised a lot of people.
Other cases included a hypochondriac with migraines and another was a depressed patient who started to hitting on the interviewing student.
Really weird. Most cases in the past have been nice, simple and straight foward.
They must really hate my class.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Would that be a rectal bleed secondary to a prolapsed rectum?

Also we really shouldn't assume that the rectal bleed was caused by butt sex. It could be caused by something else. I don't know what but it could be
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I actually don't know what the diagnosis was -- I think it was hemorrhoids.

The diagnosis is a small part of the grade, how you conduct the interview and the questions you ask is far more important.

Yes, i agree that sex up the pooper should not be considered as the only possible cause of bleeding.

It was just really unexpected.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

The diagnosis is a small part of the grade, how you conduct the interview and the questions you ask is far more important.

Yes, i agree that sex up the pooper should not be considered as the only possible cause of bleeding.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

ditto that! The other day I had a kid in the ER with RLQ pain. Wasn't sounding like appendicitis, but the mom was asking about it. Then the mom told me to tell her daughter to stop biting her fingernails because it's bad for her appendix.

When I said, lightheargedly (lol), "Well, ya' really shouldn't bite your fingernails, not because it's bad for your appendix but because it'll give you woooorms...." Mom responded, seriously, "She already has worms."

Yep. Caught me off guard....HAHAHA!!!!
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Are you serious about that giving you worms?

I'll stop biting my fingernails if that is true!

What if I wash my hands frequently, still worms?

Worm eggs are really small.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

How many does it take to make an omelet?

Wanna go to a club where they wee on you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

How many does it take to make an omelet?

Wanna go to a club where they wee on you?

What's that got to do with my omelet?

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.