HillerMyLife

The "I skipped work to jump" thread...

This will probably be on the front page about as long as certain female celetbrities panties...but oh well.

Yeah I skipped work today to skydive...and I'm almost 5000% sure I'm the first jumper to ever accomplish this amazing accomplishment. Anyway if you've done this dirty deed recently post your numbers and...shit. Yeah its dirtier than unprotected sex with the neighbor(s)...

4 sitfly jumps, despite ever present winds. You don't have to hit the tunnel to see wind in Perris lemme tell ya!!

I am rock.
Someday Never Comes

I can skip work to jump - but I make it too complicated. I know a day or two in advance, and I start, uuugh coming down with something. The day before I skip to jump, I used to show up and act sick. Worked everytime.

Now I don't have a job. I quit so I could focus on school and getting ready for an internship. :)
=========Shaun ==========

Negatron Megatron...I'm getting out of the military here pretty quick so skipping work is a simple matter of being a ghost. When you got less than 2 months left they don't really care what happens to you as long as you don't die...you know then there'd be all that paperwork and the insurance payout...

Being in the infantry means I can't post from a work 'puter seeing as my line of work involves(ed) me, my buddies, my rifle, and a few well placed CAS(close air support) calls from F-16's and Hueys!!

Damn I'm gonna miss ruining someones day with a hail of gunfire...kidding!!

Edit: I suck at proof reading
Someday Never Comes

I've been stupid enough to take a couple hour lunch break to skydive and have it be on the evening news with me hoping my boss wasn't watching.

...two or three different times. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Damn I'm gonna miss ruining someones day with a hail of gunfire

That's the best part of my job ! :D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I'm a contractor the last place I worked at last summer there is a woman who thought she ran the whole area and kept track of where every one is what time they came in or left. the conversation was Quite entertaining

I just picked up my stuff mid morning started to head out

Gestapo: Where are you going? There is no meeting at the other sites today.
Me: What you checked my calendar?
Gestapo: Yes I need to know where people are if issues develop.
Me: I'm going jumping you have my cell #.
Gestapo: "I'd like to point out the normal business hours are 7-3 here"
Me: are you controlling my hours?
Gestapo: "yes, yes I am"
Me: That’s nice but I don’t send the invoices to you.

The look was priceless she went scurrying to the PM (indecently that did my hiring) he catches me at the door with the Gestapo

PM: I hear there is a problem?
Me: No I just decided I needed the afternoon off so I'm going jumping.
PM: "Oh that all? O.K. nice has fun see you Monday"

The messed up thing is she worked for the freaking vendor. She was the person every one loved to hate

(In Ontario Contractors can't be controlled by the hours they work or location they work or they are considered employees not independent contractors. I use this to my advantage all the time to point that out. There were a few high profile case that went to court where it was deemed the companies were to controlling and they the people working were not contractors and they had to back pay taxes sick days workers comp ect. Was pretty costly for them.)
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I've never done that! ;)

And I never went on a delivery with my driver just because I knew he was making one within 10 miles of the dropzone...

and it wasn't my premier jump on my unused canopy...

And I didn't tell him that if I f%$ked myself up he had to go back to the shop without me and that he didn't know anything...

AND I never used the excuse of going to make a sales call TO the dropzone in order to sell them some Boeing-approved aircraft wash and just end up jumping the rest of the day instead...:)
Nope...I've never skipped work for a skydive...:D
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

The best was I called in sick to work once I arrived at the DZ I forgot everyone around me could hear me talking I said I had very loose bowl movements and I had blood in my stool to sound convincing:D I hung up and heard everyone laughing hey it worked!!!!!

Oh yeah been there...but I contracted privately so I pretty much made my own hours. In drywall the dry time between sanding and coats meant that a job that only took about 14 man hours would take 3-4 days because it would take ALL day to dry. Wish I had been jumping in those days...
Someday Never Comes

I'm a contractor the last place I worked at last summer there is a woman who thought she ran the whole area and kept track of where every one is what time they came in or left. the conversation was Quite entertaining

I just picked up my stuff mid morning started to head out

Gestapo: Where are you going? There is no meeting at the other sites today.
Me: What you checked my calendar?
Gestapo: Yes I need to know where people are if issues develop.
Me: I'm going jumping you have my cell #.
Gestapo: "I'd like to point out the normal business hours are 7-3 here"
Me: are you controlling my hours?
Gestapo: "yes, yes I am"
Me: That’s nice but I don’t send the invoices to you.

The look was priceless she went scurrying to the PM (indecently that did my hiring) he catches me at the door with the Gestapo

PM: I hear there is a problem?
Me: No I just decided I needed the afternoon off so I'm going jumping.
PM: "Oh that all? O.K. nice has fun see you Monday"

The messed up thing is she worked for the freaking vendor. She was the person every one loved to hate

(In Ontario Contractors can't be controlled by the hours they work or location they work or they are considered employees not independent contractors. I use this to my advantage all the time to point that out. There were a few high profile case that went to court where it was deemed the companies were to controlling and they the people working were not contractors and they had to back pay taxes sick days workers comp ect. Was pretty costly for them.)

ahh hahhahahaha I LOVE that you labeled her the "Gestapo" ....:D:D
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

Negatron Megatron...I'm getting out of the military here pretty quick so skipping work is a simple matter of being a ghost. When you got less than 2 months left they don't really care what happens to you as long as you don't die...you know then there'd be all that paperwork and the insurance payout...

Being in the infantry means I can't post from a work 'puter seeing as my line of work involves(ed) me, my buddies, my rifle, and a few well placed CAS(close air support) calls from F-16's and Hueys!!

Damn I'm gonna miss ruining someones day with a hail of gunfire...kidding!!

Edit: I suck at proof reading

true, they don't really care, but lets say you bust your arm or something while your counting down the days till EAS at the DZ... make sure you got a "well, I fell down the stairs" kinda story to tell cuz if the head honcho finds out about it, they don't ever seem happy. You at Pendleton or 29? Congrats on a successful 4 years. Good luck out in the free world...
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Fer shure on the story bit. Is there anyone who gets out without the slightest clue on how to get away with shit?? It seemed to me like it made the shady motherfuckers even worse and even the nice kids get shady...and...

Is there anyone in the USMC thats happy about anything?? I always thought that was the idea...kick us, under feed/fund us, get us royally pissed and then...unleash us on whoever they want. I had a sort of epiphony(sp?) along those lines after my second or third raid in Iraq. We're like dogs...the infantry anyway.

Yeah all my buddies that are out are going stir crazy...thats where skydiving comes inB|

I'm in 29 aka The Stumps
Someday Never Comes

I skipped work to pack for the tandem record a while back after starting a new job...I had to berate the photographers not to take my picture....

I talked to my narcissists anonymous sponsor and he said it was a good step....

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Are you a Marine?!?!?! I thought you guys are like the boy scouts and NEVER tell a lie...LOL
Both my sons are skydivers and Marines, they would say Semper Fi ! Thanks for all your hard work and sacrifice these last 4 years!
And back to the thread...I will ditch work at least 5 or 8 Fridays this coming summer to jump. My boss is cool with it because I bust my hump for him the rest of the time. The call of the clear blue in the summer time is just too much to keep me at my deskB|

Just burning a hole in the sky.....