gonzalesna

My new toy...

Unfortunately, I have to wait for Wisconsin to mail me my permit, title and registration before I can ride her...

:)
...legally.:)>:(
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I love those comments that haven't applied to Harleys in over 30 years....:S

Enjoy your new toy...and be careful out there!;)
Nice scoot! I like the low profile seat too! It's a good year Sporty too.

Next:
slam suspension
after market drag pipes
rack large enough to carry rig on (removeable is good too)
aftermarket headlight bulb (stock is 55/60 watt - aftermarket can give you almost twice the brightness!)
LED tail light
free flow air breather
fork brace
removal of any non-neccessary yuppie chrome

I love those comments that haven't applied to Harleys in over 30 years....:S

Enjoy your new toy...and be careful out there!;)
Nice scoot! I like the low profile seat too! It's a good year Sporty too.

Next:
slam suspension
after market drag pipes
rack large enough to carry rig on (removeable is good too)
aftermarket headlight bulb (stock is 55/60 watt - aftermarket can give you almost twice the brightness!)
LED tail light
free flow air breather
fork brace
removal of any non-neccessary yuppie chrome

I like the sound of the screamin' eagle pipes that are on there.
It's got the quick release sissy bar on there, but I'm gonna talk to Jim Wallace out in Perris to see if he'll let me keep my gear at the school on the DZ.
Brighter headlights are definate. I'm not real keen on the led tail lights though.
I like the yuppie chrome... yup yup yup:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

2002 Harley D. XL1200 Custom Sportster... Picked it up last night. 9K miles on her.

:)

Welcome to the club :-)

Enjoy the shit out of that ride and be careful as hell of cars.

They are all out to kill you.

You can see mine in the link below :-)
__

My mighty steed

Very nice... me likey:)
Did you just pull it out that day for pictures or were you riding??? Looks like it would've been just a bit nippy.

Did you just pull it out that day for pictures or were you riding??? Looks like it would've been just a bit nippy.

I was riding. If there ain't snow on the road, I'll ride year round :-)
__

My mighty steed

we gots goddamn big bugs here in Florida...and it sucks to pull a 3 inch critter leg from your mouth!

love bugs are the worst though...

I have gone with LED tail lights for a few years now...they are SO much brighter than incandescent bulbs...and they flash brighter when brakes are applied...and they have LED turn signals built right in....HUGE difference in what people behind you can see. I've seen too many friends ran over from behind...including my best friend 2 1/2 years ago.>:(
Black bike, black jacket, black boots, black helmet...see what I mean???

I was riding. If there ain't snow on the road, I'll ride year round :-)

I used to live in WI, and back then, I probably wouldn't have had any problems with the cold. Now, however, I live out in the high desert... average temp is 120 during the summer. Now, I'm freezing in 60 degrees. Used to be I was puttin' shorts on at 50 degrees. I probably won't be riding through snow any time soon.

Sweet! Chromed oil tank, forward controls, after market mirrors, looks like a badlander seat as well. Get used to seeing nothing but lines of lights in the mirrors though. Had a '95 1200xlh and put 36000 miles on it in a year and a half. Loved the bike but when I got the Ultra, my ex-wife made me sell it: "You can only ride 1...". Loved that bike.
Ride safe and practice you MC EP's always. Keep the head on a swivel and assume each and every cage on the road is out to get you.
Take an experienced rider course when you can, go in without the know it all attitude and you WILL learn. They are lot's of fun as well.
Ride safe...
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

I knew bikes were chick magnets... but dayyyyyuuuummmmm!!!

I've got people over 1000 miles away trying to plan trips out here to get a ride already.B|

So should I get 'em the full faced brain bucket, a 3/4 or a 1/2???