lovelife22

New or Used?

I need to buy a car...and am debating a NEW or USED car?!? What is best? Seems you loose so much $$$ from driving a new car off the lot? BUT, it's a NEW CAR!!!!!!!!! :S

Wadda ya think?

Nissan Murano or 2008 Ford Escape? (my dad worked at Ford for 41 yrs so...?)

the nissan will retain its value much better than the ford.

I Agree!! Also, Buy One That Has 10 to 12K miles on it.
You will still have a factory warranty on it and someone else worked the bugs out of it!!!!!B|B|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

Personally i like to buy used cars for the simple fact that most problems occur with vehicles in the first 3-5 years varying by makes and models. Cars were one of the first hobbies i have got involved in..by no means am i an expert..but i have seen ALOT of people that buy new cars that have major problems with them in that timeframe give or take a little. Now most every new car has a warrenty...which is a very good thing..but alot of comapnies make up bs about the warrenty when it comes time to use it. Speaking on my own behalf i never buy newer than 5 years older than the current year...meaning this is 2007..i would get anything beyond a 2002...unless there were mitigating circumstances. Good luck in what you decide though! And remember...learn to walk away if you dont get what you want. Never go to a dealer NEEDING a car...make them work for the sale!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

my dad worked at GM for 30 years... I bought myself a Mazda when I bought my first car. :D

I agree that its a good idea to buy a used car. You'll pay a helluva lot less and can get something with a lot of usefulness/fun left in it.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Nissan Murano or 2008 Ford Escape? (my dad worked at Ford for 41 yrs so...?)

Considering cost, and "bang-for-the-buck", I'd go for the Ford. If you can pay the little extra, the Escape Hybrid is a pretty sharp set-up (the MPG and tax break is nice too).

Nissan makes good stuff, but they can't touch Honda and Toyota (especially in the used arena).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Used let somebody else put ten thousand miles on it and save 10 k that you will never get back:)

Don't listen to him. He hasn't washed his car in months. Buy the Murano. It's a really nice car. ;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

I'd say get a personal driver.. I might know someone for ya :P

And this person already drives an SUV so you're golden.. ha ha..

Just kidding girl.. hope you are doing great

Oh.. and between those two.. Nissan

Personal driver eh? Hmmmm, now THAT'S tempting!!!! ;););)