JumpShipGypsy

Im thinking of giving up skydiving

Im thinking of giving up skydiving.
I havnt made a jump in 6 months.

No one who has stopped smoking for 6 months says "I'm thinking of giving up smoking."

You've already given up skydiving. Now you either need to start again, or admit to yourself that you've already given it up.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

No one who has stopped smoking for 6 months says "I'm thinking of giving up smoking."

You've already given up skydiving. Now you either need to start again, or admit to yourself that you've already given it up.

It's been over two weeks since my last skydive. I think I'll start back up. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you can travel is money isn't an issue, get some tunnel time to work on the skill/discipline you want to work on that way you have the skills to get on more loads with other people. Now I'm not saying bigways, but easily 4-6 ways belly/2-4 ways freeflying.

It won't help your canopy skills, but you will be able to hold your own on a skydive.
Fly it like you stole it!

It sounds like you made up your mind already, I have a list 2wice that long why I shouldnt jump, but i love skydiving as much as you can love a non living thingB|. Theres NOTHING wrong stopping a sport you dont want to do anymore. I Wish you luck and If you ever change your mind..... we'll all be here!!!

I guess i shoud give a little more detail for those that dont know me.

I started jumping when i was a DZ pilot. Now i fly for a bush Alaska airline. I have a good container and a brand new reserve, but my main is a Rascal235. if you dont know what that is, its a F111 square from the 80's. Its worthless, so i cant trade it for anything. Ive demoed and would love a pilot188 or sabre 190. but canopys that size are rarely availble used. (i weigh about 190)

For those that do know me. thanks for the support. Texas soon and Spokane in the summer should be in my plans for my time off from work. Ben

P.S. I can afford a new main and AAD, but i think id rather spend the money on other things like guns, learning to fly seaplanes, overseas travel, etc.

I quit for the second time just recently. Due to funds. But thanks to the wonderful support system I have found here, and the friends I have made...I requested a refund from my current dz and and I'm moving on to another. I received the check in the mail today and I'm very excited to continue. :)
Edited to add: The dz I was with...is just too expensive.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I quit for the second time just recently. Due to funds. But thanks to the wonderful support system I have found here, and the friends I have made...I requested a refund from my current dz and and I'm moving on to another. I received the check in the mail today and I'm very excited to continue. :)
Edited to add: The dz I was with...is just too expensive.

How long before you got the check?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Three weeks. Is that the usual time it takes? I had to call many times.

3 weeks yeah sure. so how many jumps you done now
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Once you get current again i have a spectre 190 sitting in my closet that i plan on selling. If you dont get your shit together soon im going to sell it to a student in need.

Good luck

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

When i start BASEjumping for 4years ago i started thinking skydiving sucks and i really struggling to keeping my skydivinglicence..i only concentrated on my new love ..BASE..but i found out that keeping my license whasn`t that stupid anyway, now i use my skydivingequipment to test out new thing..like ..tracking..wingsuit from plane..i don`t have much contact with skydivers anymore but i using my local DZ as a workbench for BASE.. i wish i could use my BASErigg.. unfortunately there are things like rules and regulation i must follow.[:/]

I dont work at a DZ anymore, and i dont have any skydivers to hang around with at my current job or home.
I would need to invest a bunch of money to keep jumping, my cypress expired and my main is too big/sucks.
I dont have anyone to jump with on a regular basis and my skills have gone as far as they can doing solos. thoughts?
On the plus side, i have plenty of time off and can travel cheaply to any DZ in the country.

;)

Kill yourself!!;)

edit to add: I am kidding of course, however you should smash your head into something hard to beat some sense into yourself.

That is all.B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!