andybr6

Cookie Composites M1

Hey,

I am in the market for a new helmet and have read the favourable reviews in the gear section. Does anyone have anything to add to them? I currently have a Bonehead Mindwarp that is too big for me [my own fault] but was looking for something new and a bit more low profile. If anyone has any info’ on how much thinner an M1 is compared to a Mindwarp I would be interested to know your thoughts. Also does anyone know who sells them in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

I have only ever used their camera helmets and found them to be excellent.

Sorry I cant tell you the difference in sizes betwen the Mindwarp and teh M1 but I find their helmets to be low profile on the head if that helps

Their customer service is fantastic and they really take the time to listen to people and their needs. Highly recommended.

Don't worry about finding someone in the UK to purchase through just go to their website and deal direct with them.

Sounds a bit like an advert for them? Just a very satisfied customer.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Their helmets are the lightest I've tried, The M1 is VERY low profile, and a nice comfortable fit.
I highly recomend them.
I also know of some HIGH profile jumpers who visited OZ and were so impressed with the helemts they replaced the ones they were then using for Cookie Composites,:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks for your reply. I am sure there customer service is good but I really wanted to try it on before I buy.

Email them and ask them if they have a UK dealer or distributor:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Its the most comfortable and light weight helmet I have owned. The padding is more of a cottom material instead of foam like Bonehead uses. Its much softer, however, the padding does dampen audible beeps a little since the audible pouch is just a cottom bag attached to velcro inside. I would definately recommend one though.

Cookie, by far, is the best helmet I've ever worn.
Lightweight, comfortable, fits like a glove, and f'in outstanding customer service.

If you order one online, it should only take a week or so to get to the UK if you don't have any custom work done on it.

I know im bumping this thread back up, but im curoius as to anyone that has bought from cookie composites. i was at their website and looking at buying a helmet, but i saw they say about customs fees and duty taxes and bla, bla bla,,, they say to check your local customs dept for rates and fees,, well after i have spent the last hour at the US dept of Treasury and every poss link i can find about customs fees and such, im more confused than when i started??? anyone from the USA that bought from them ever had to pay these taxes,fees to just get your stuff???? help...

I live in the USA. I have a Cookie helmet, and all I did was fill out the form on the website. In a week my helmet was in the air taking pictures and dragging me along with it. While there may be taxes and import duty and all that other stuff, it was pretty transparent for me. The Cookie Composit guys reall seem to have their act together. I met them at the PIA symposium last week, and they are really nice guys too.
Hope this helps.
If it comes easy, I'm automatically suspicious

Many website shops have that disclaimer (I live in OZ and have to deal with it often)
Depending on your country if you import goods above a certain value you are expected to pay import tax on it.
Website shops have this info on thier site so that if you do get charged import you cant say well i didnt know about it.
So far I have never had to pay for skydiving gear comming in. I did have to pay $100 when I imported my pc105 from Hong Kong, but it was still way cheaper than buying local:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I live in the USA. I have a Cookie helmet, and all I did was fill out the form on the website. In a week my helmet was in the air taking pictures and dragging me along with it. While there may be taxes and import duty and all that other stuff, it was pretty transparent for me. The Cookie Composit guys reall seem to have their act together.

I had the exact same experience when I ordered my Cookie. Very easy and FAST transaction.

If you go to XE.com or some other currency converting website, you should be able to compare the AUD to USD. You'll find that you'll be charged very little difference from that price. I purchased my box before my helmet, and couldn't tell the difference either time.

Google now does currency conversion for you. Just search for 500 AUD in USD.

Hey all,

Thanks you for the good feedback regarding our products.

We have a new web site going live today. The web guys tell me it will take 16+ hours for the cut over.

One new feature of our web site is to be able to charge our USA customers in US dollars.

If you have any question please PM me

Cookie

Hi. i have a question on M1.
What does right side look like? is it just flat like the left side? i cant tell from the pictures that was taken from the left side, which is on thier web site.
can a camera mounted on either side? does it have an audible compartment hump on the right side?
Thanks.