skymama

What do women do to appear unapproachable?

I don't really understand what "approachable" means.
It's not like you can just randomly walk up to a woman and start talking to her. Do some people do that?

The cheek of some people. hey it's just being sociable. Just because you talk to women doesn't mean you want to date them.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Well ladies here a little tip for you both
DRESS WEATHER APPROPRIATE
Cora you really dont want to be crossing you arms, you are blocking an amazing view;):$. But on a plus side if you are covering your boobs you are not covering your cute Tush:$:$:ph34r:

:$:$:$:$

:D Squeak, to give you an idea...I've worn long underwear underneath regular winter clothes - jeans and a sweater - and still been freezing. So, I do dress weather appropriate. My body just doesn't appreciate temperatures below 75F. :$:D

Umm...that's part of the reason my arms are crossed...the cold has the nipples at attention. :$
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

It's not like you can just randomly walk up to a woman and start talking to her. Do some people do that?

Yes you can
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

In reply to:
Apparently a smile = fuck me in some languages.
-------------------------------------------------------

Gee, I better learn to be more discriminatory with who I smile at! :D

Better stop smiling at me......It makes me feel like I am just a piece of meat.......:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Sometimes, like on a Saturday, I will decided to have some fun and hit on all kinds of different women. These are places like the carwash, bookstore, music store, Wal-mart, pet store and I am always changing my approach to fit what I think will get the best results. And I am pretty good at it........I almost never take it far enough to get a number, but I can most always tell if the girl has gotten a kick out of my efforts to notice her. It is fun cheap thrill for me as well.......and who knows, I may meet a really great girl! But, I always bass my approach and lines by what she is wearing, her body language and the looks on her face when she is just being herself and does not think anyone is looking at her. At times, especially with older ladies, they do not even realize I am hitting on them! Other things such as-her hair down or in one pony tail, or two and if it is high on the back of her head or low on her neck......yea, it makes a huge difference! Sometimes I get shot down right away, other times the woman plays the game and it is fun! Every now and then one gets really, really upset....this happened a few months ago at the Barnes and Noble.....she was going to call her husband who was across the parking lot at another store.....that one was not fair, she did not have a ring, but she was not happy with me!:D:D:D:D

But the main thing I look for is just a pleasant smile...that is the biggest give away for how approachable you are!:)

Things to make you unapproachable? Well here's a couple that, if I see them (and depending on the combo of them), I sometimes just pass on the attempt:

-larger groups of women (I don't want to entertain 6 of you, so go for a walk with a girlfriend every now and then)
-backs turned (face to face with friends, so I need to get you to turn 180 degrees to talk)
-being with a guy. any guy.
-looking away at eye contact
-not smiling
-not looking like you're having a good time

Here's one last thing. If you think you're average looking and that's why most guys don't approach, then try hanging out with just you and a good looking (but taken) friend. Of course when I walk up, I'm more interested in the cuter of the two, but when I get talking I'm looking for a very cool, level headed, intelligent girl. At 1st i'm hopeing the best looking one is all that, AND really good looking. More often then not, it winds up being the "average looking" girl that has those qualities, and to me that changes my view of her from average to hot. I've had several relationships start out that way, only to joke later about how I met her trying to pick up her friend :P

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

You are REALLY comparing common everyday women to Anna Nicole? If a woman is smart she will look to see if she is compatable to a guy. So do guys. If not, what is the point? You are not going to be long term with someone you are not compatable with. Why bother dating or meeting someone if there is no future? What would be the point? Sounds like a waste of time if you ask me.

?? thats exactly the point i make.. she or he (so im not putting blame on one sex) is making the assumption based on a desire of ones self, if you desire to be limited to only what your spec of person you want to make you happy, then you pass on many types that you know nothing of. most girls have an idea/thought of what they are looking for, and in that state of mind, most guys fall way outside that catagory, which makes the girl unapproachable due to that,.... in other words, she judges a book by the cover not from the pages,, and misses the whole story...

Women are NOT unapproachable!...If the other person feels that is the case, that is their own lack of self esteem. Seriously...I deal with strangers daily..it is my job and I love it! I'm known as the girl who knows no strangers...stand still long enough and I WILL talk to you:ph34r:

Women are NOT unapproachable!...If the other person feels that is the case, that is their own lack of self esteem. Seriously...I deal with strangers daily..it is my job and I love it! I'm known as the girl who knows no strangers...stand still long enough and I WILL talk to you:ph34r:

"I'm known as the girl who knows no strangers." By your own admission you're different.

The exception that proves the rule.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

In reply to:
Apparently a smile = fuck me in some languages.
-------------------------------------------------------

Gee, I better learn to be more discriminatory with who I smile at! :D

with that smiling avatar, i bet you get lots of PM's,:o;)

"I'm known as the girl who knows no strangers." By your own admission you're different.

The exception that proves the rule.

awwww so that makes me "special";):D

Here's one last thing. If you think you're average looking and that's why most guys don't approach, then try hanging out with just you and a good looking (but taken) friend. Of course when I walk up, I'm more interested in the cuter of the two, but when I get talking I'm looking for a very cool, level headed, intelligent girl. At 1st i'm hopeing the best looking one is all that, AND really good looking. More often then not, it winds up being the "average looking" girl that has those qualities, and to me that changes my view of her from average to hot. I've had several relationships start out that way, only to joke later about how I met her trying to pick up her friend

I wouldn't even want the guy that I lured in by using a hot friend.

That is just completely wrong in my book. It begins a relationship based on deception.. not such a good thing.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

...arms crossed across her chest...

Not commenting on the rest because I agree there, but speaking to the arms crossed thing...I do it - not 'cause I'm not approachable or don't want to be talked to - but because I'm frickin' freezing most of the time. :$ So...if you see me doing that, make the assumption that I'm cold. :$:D:$

EXACTLY. But now that I know that's the reason men aren't tripping over themselves to get to me, I'll try and stick my hands in my pockets or something.:D:D:D

Here's one last thing. If you think you're average looking and that's why most guys don't approach, then try hanging out with just you and a good looking (but taken) friend. Of course when I walk up, I'm more interested in the cuter of the two, but when I get talking I'm looking for a very cool, level headed, intelligent girl. At 1st i'm hopeing the best looking one is all that, AND really good looking. More often then not, it winds up being the "average looking" girl that has those qualities, and to me that changes my view of her from average to hot. I've had several relationships start out that way, only to joke later about how I met her trying to pick up her friend :P

For guys, that friend is the Wingman......I guess for girls it is the Wingwoman!:D:D:D:D

But my point is...you never know until you actually talk to her...:)

Absolutely. Walk over, be friendly, be honest. Tell her you're attracted to her and you'd like to ask her out. She may not be into you, but she'll always be complimented that you found her attractive. If you don't get a date, well, at least you have a new friend. Just don't get clingy or needy. That's the kiss of death.:D:D

I've been shot down a zillion times, but I still got the perfect gal to go out with me. Luckily she married me too. :)

I talk to random guys out and about and start up some random conversation... so if I can do it to guys, I'm sure that guys strike up random convos. with girls. It's easy to find stuff in common with about anyone.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I've been shot down a zillion times, but I still got the perfect gal to go out with me. Luckily she married me too. :)

So Val was just a statistical anomally:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:an out lier so to speak:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?