SpeedRacer

IPOD saves soldier's life

haha, i had the dubious task of destroying, or rendering incapable, many hard drives just recently.

drill em ( they eat cobalt drill bits), smash em (they eat hammers too), whatever you do, it's hard work. they effing strong!!!

not surprised this pod stopped a bullet at all!
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

haha, i had the dubious task of destroying, or rendering incapable, many hard drives just recently.

drill em ( they eat cobalt drill bits), smash em (they eat hammers too), whatever you do, it's hard work. they effing strong!!!

not surprised this pod stopped a bullet at all!

How important is the info on them? Just mechanical damage won't erase all the data, and people with the right equipment and knowledge would be able to retrieve at least some of it.

If the data is important enough, someone interested might use large quantities of time and money to get it.

What would get the data off them would be a proffessional degausser. You know how magnets can destroy the magnet strip on your credit card? A degausser does the same thing to hard drives.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Same here, it's reminiscent of Vietnam when Soldier would take a small transistor radio with them so they could listen to whatever was on at the time.

Add:

Except then they only had "dog tags" to stop bullets....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Well, I never leave the FOB without it. I don't carry it for it to be stopping bullets though.

Bob On The FOB :D:SB|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."