skymama

My son's first tandem

I went with my son on his first tandem yesterday. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in all my time in skydiving! Art (Crutch) was his TM and Mikey (TMPattersonJr) came along with us too. I was so nervous that I forgot to take off my seat belt and couldn't figure out why I couldn't stand up in the plane. :$ Then, when I went to exit, I forgot that I wasn't in an Otter anymore but a Caravan...and promptly ran right into the top of the doorway with my rig and came to a complete stop. :$:$

The jump went well. I managed to dock with a little help from Art (I'm not much of a belly flyer!). Mikey docked too and Nick had great time. Notice the "I love you" sign that he's making with his hand. He's a good boy. :)
Nick was cool as a cucumber the entire time and didn't even appear to be nervous. He said it was awesome, but not the adrenaline rush he thought it was going to be. I think I'm going to have a BASE jumper on my hands in a few years. :|

Thanks Art, Mikey and Jeff Colley for the wonderful jump! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OMG! I can't believe your baby is old enough to make his first Tandem! I guess time really does march on[:/]
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

:)
No doubt that first picture should wind up as a framed enlargement, proudly adorning a wall at your Home...
Nice way for your son to step into springtime....
and OF COURSE the Mama should be More nervous than the child......
that's part of a Mother's ' job description'....B|

jimmy;):)

OMG Andrea!!! I can't imagine how I'll feel when my son makes his first jump. I think I'm gonna let him share that one with his dad though.

By the look on his face in that last picture, I think it was still a *bit* of a rush. What a cutie!

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Sweet!!! Does he want to do AFF?

Yes, but he already knows how expensive the sport is. He said he's going to wait until he has a good job so he won't get frustrated about not being able to jump when he wants to.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

so are you open to adoption ;) If you pay for your kids Jumps can i call you mommy:P:D:D

Nah very nice of you to buy your kid a tandem :D:D can Just see you having to fight each other for that last slot on a sunset load :D:D:D

mine wants to become a bloody pilot more than a jumper now :S i'll pay for her ppl but she can fund her own Damn Cpl:D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Congratulations to Nick for his first jump and to you for getting in (even if you had a little help).

Very nice pix. Judging from the look on his face in the third one, I'd also say Nick enjoyed it a tad more than he let on.;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

can clearly see that your son gets his good looks from his ma!

Aw, thanks, Kolla! :)
No, I didn't buy beer yet, I owe the good people at Palatka some the next time I come back. I also owe for chasing my first tandem! We had my 92 year old grandmother with us, and she didn't really want to stick around all day. I'll be back...

Oh, he enjoyed it immensely and said he would have gone right back up for another one. He just said he wasn't scared at all. Which is good or bad, depending on how you look at it!

. . . so this is what it takes to get Skymama on her belly . . . shame . . . shame . . . But Art is always fun to jump with -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

congrats to your son! Welcome to the sky! Looks like you had some nice weather....

grrrrrr....we're having a snowy easter in Denver...I'm jealous.>:(

Tell him if he wants the real rush he's gotta do some AFF and fly his own canopy. Then he can start freeflyin...rack up about 500 jumps and THEN start some BASE.;)

Looks like he had fun.:)
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...