mofo554

Mike Mullins

The moment there's a personal attack in this thread, either against Mike or between posters, it's gone. If you can hold this conversation without that, great. If not, don't ask me where it went.

(Turns over the egg-timer) ;)

I that a one min. timer or a 3 min timer?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Mike is a great pilot... We all know this already. I've known him for years and he has ALWAYS been good to me and my friends. I love jumping with him and his family. His wife and son visited me in the hospital in Rantoul, and Mike called me to see how I was doing (he had to take off to fly somewhere or he would have visited in person). I personally would choose to jump with him over anyone else not becuase his plane is the fastest, but because I respect him, he and his family is generous and he has gone out of his way for me. I appreciate it.

Mullins rocks.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I personally have to question anyone's motives for bringing up the proverbial "old shit" like this..only "Mofo" knows why.......

I have known Mr. Mullins and his family since I was practically an infant...My father jumped with Mike at one of his first facilities back in the early 80's while myself and his oldest son (6 yrs old at the time) would terrorize the dz on our respective 50cc motorbikes.....

I have spent a great deal of time with Michael and his family as well as travelling with the KA. His children taught me the finer points of free-flying and hp canopy flight, as well as helping me to remember what truly is good about the sport....fun..... Michael practically gave me a red carpet into the sport of skydiving in more ways than I have time to document in this forum. Mike's innovations and impact on the sport of skydiving as well his skills as a pilot are undeniable.

If you enjoyed flying a square as a student or ever enjoyed a "GPS" spot from a turbine, send Michael an email and thank him. If you ever enjoyed making 25 jumps from the finest skydiving aircraft on the planet for $99 dollars, tell him you appreciate it... If you want the USPA to serve skydivers instead of the pockets of its group members...well...you get the picture...

As far as the "shady" past that you mentioned, well the simple fact is that he was acquitted...end of story...I happen to know him well enough to know that a man of his character is not capable of such a crime, but for those of you who do not, i guess you will just have to trust the Federal Government's conclusions.....

The truth is Michael is one of the hardest working men in skydiving while raising five boys and flying an Airbus for Fedex all at the same time.. And if you truly are interested in the details of the past, contact Michael yourself...

I am proud to have Michael Mullins and his family as close friends, and I feel sorry for anyone who denies themselves the privelege of jumping his plane or associating with his family based upon pure speculation.

Your loss...

Christian

I have no beef with Mike. I have never met the guy. The purpose of this post has, I believe, been misconstrued. It was simply asking for the public's (skydiving public, mostly) reaction to the events that took place years ago.

Working my way towards a legal career, possibly in criminal defense, I find it very interesting the way that criminals and those who have been acquitted of all charges are treated by society. I could speculate that if I had asked similar questions about OJ Simpson (who, in similar circumstances was acquitted of murdering of his ex(?) wife after a trial in which he himself spent a small fortune for legal representation, and was the subject of intense media scrutiny) in Talkback that the reaction wouldn't have been this bad. Obviously, there are many people here who know Mike to some degree. So, to them, I say this was not meant as a personal attack on Mike Mullins. I personally believe it is a totally legitimate post. Nothing, that I am aware of in the original post, was untrue, slander, misleading, etc. If any of it was, I would like to know. Other than that, I stand by what I wrote.

Peace

Reading over the replies again, I have more to say. What I wrote originally, and what the replies have been do not coincide. I asked questions for people's opinions and most replies follow along these lines:

"Who cares what happened in the past?"
"Mike Mullins is one hell of a pilot."
"I have known Mike for years and think he is a great guy."
"Mike Mulllins has a fast airplane."

Mike Mullins probably is one hell of a pilot, and I think many people love his plane. However, I didn't ask what anyone thought of his skills as a pilot or his airplane. If you can't even reply to the questions....and dance around the bush with your opinions about Mike (good or bad)....for whatever reason you choose to do so....well, as one said "a waste of bandwidth."

probably no one is stepping up to a mike mullins bashing fest like you want bc they don't think it is right and/or any of their business. I think the intentions in this thread are sick and wrong. Why cause anymore duress to mullins himself or his family when the case has been put to rest. Let's let sleeping dogs lie, please. [:/]

Blue Skies

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Show me where I bashed Mike Mullins. Show me where I encouraged anyone to bash Mike Mullins. Like others have said, this isn't the first time this topic has come up. This is a forum for discussion. The original post promoted discussion, not bashing.

if the discussion inherently stirs up bad emotions/further subjects mullins to judgement I think it has no place on this board. I wish a moderator would lock this. It makes me feel bad that people have the gall to talk about things that could reopen old wounds in other people.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Uh...Ok I guess we can all Skydive now...yall ready..lets just see for the heck of it if anyone of us can beat Mike to the Ground..what cha say about that..A...:P
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Seems to me that your question has been answered, and the answer is "no", there are not people that refuse to jump, work, or associate, etc. w/ Mike Mullins. Seems to be the opposite actually.

Seeing as Mike does frequent these forums, you may be able to better answers to any other questions you have by going to the source and PM'ing him.

Derek

Agreed. Also, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with skydiving, so I am now moving it to talkback, where people are free to post general BS like this.

Chuck

You should just block it & lock it...
A waste of bandwidth, I'm sorry I added to it.
Court says it's a non-issue, I agree!!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

lets just see for the heck of it if anyone of us can beat Mike to the Ground..what cha say about that..A...:P

Lol...I've been last out of his bird a bunch of times and he's burned me to the ground every time...in fact, the first time I got in his plane, I was told to make sure everything was adjusted before he took off. I didn't pay any attention to it, was pinned in place till we got to altitude, and had to scramble to adjust my straps. Damn, that's one fast ship. As far as jumping with Mike - I'd trust him any day to jump with.His kid, Charlie, was one of my AFF instructors and his two younger ones both packed for me at WTS and jumped with and gave me tips for free. I've broken bread with these people and have always held them in high regard. End of story.

TripleF

But as with both of these guys, most of what you hear is just flat out wrong and slander.

Mullins was tried on capital murder charges and acquitted. This is a fact, not slander.

Makes me wonder why you posted this?

Got a beef with Mike?

It is sensational, for one thing. How many people do you personally know who have been accused and found not guilty of first degree murder?

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

question for the poster... have you ever been to SDC? did you jump their planes, stay at their establishments and eveything else? if the answer is yes, then your post is invalid.

i've never met the guy but he was nice enough to send me an email out of the blue willing to give our dz a hand with a boogie that almost fell thru.

his safety record is all i'm concerned with. as long as his plane is kept running and he's flies safe, i don't care what he does in his spare time, just my 2 cents
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Seems to me that your question has been answered, and the answer is "no", there are not people that refuse to jump, work, or associate, etc. w/ Mike Mullins. Seems to be the opposite actually.

Well I know people that will not jump out of his KA.
I also know people who will used to be his friends that don't talk to him anymore. But I alos know people that will not jump from Rogers aircraft. And I bet all of us can find someone with a beef with someone else.

But the simple fact is that he WAS charged...But he was also found NOT GUILTY. So if he could not be convicted....Then in my eyes he didn't do it.

And in all my dealings with Mike he has been very good. I have spent a good deal of time with him, and I consider him a friend.

As for those that will not deal with Mike....It's their loss.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes Mike was charged...But he was also acquitted just like you said.

This guy comes on here and the way his post read it sounded like he had a beef with Mike.

I know all about his trial.....I lived in Memphis when all this happened, have about 600 jumps from his plane, traveled with him, and work for the same company.

It is sensational, for one thing. How many people do you personally know who have been accused and found not guilty of first degree murder?

One.

But he could have just asked for the story, not "The dirtiest secret"

The way he asked makes me think he was trying to start something
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Not everyone that is accused of a crime is guilty.

Not everyone that commits a crime will be accused.

AMEN!!!

I don't know this guy but he will be guilty the rest of his life because people won't leave it alone.

If he was guilty, it will catch up to him another way later on. If not...leave him alone!

Gator

The secret to life is not arriving at the grave in a well preserved body but sliding in sideways completely worn out yelling "holy crap" what a ride!!!

Mofo - maybe you should do your societal research elsewhere or at least go about it differently. I don't think you are going to have too many people answering your questions because you have presented them in an open forum. Plus, skydivers are an extremely protective family and in the words of The Godfather's Michael Corleone, "Don't ever speak against the family." Your initial post came across as a personal attack against a family member rather than truly objective research. Please understand that Mike and his sons are probably reading this forum and could be deeply hurt. [:/]
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Thanks for the video clip - I had been wanting to see that. I don't have an opinion on the case - it doesn't matter to me. But I will say I'm disappointed in the sensationalistic trash "journalism" that A&E created - I always thought they were above that.

Now a question - was Mike a pilot in Vietnam? One of the interviewees said they "thought" he was, but that statement, considering the source, probably isn't that reliable (not unlike most of the story). If he was a pilot in the war, what kind of aircraft did he fly?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

hmm..I didn't know that happend..I was really surprised of that..and of you people...I thought you americans preached freedom of speech and crap like that..and what happens..you try to screw that guy over for just asking a few questions..what a bunch of hypocrits...if he was put on trial than he couldn't have had a rock solid alibi, now could he...so if he was in the media..well, why can't this guy ask a few question...who cares if it's old news..I'we never heard it....and would like to know more (currently working on it)... and fu** that mafia crap..what the hell is this..don't speak against the familiy BS... when another girl get raped at a DZ are you gona pull the same shit on her..or is that somehow different?
Please entlighten me if you please...

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed, but hey...

Best regards,

Uros

Yeah, you are going to get flamed.

if he was put on trial than he couldn't have had a rock solid alibi

That is moot. That isn't how the system works. People do get dragged into court for dumb reasons and insufficient evidence. That doesn't mean they are criminals. If he was found not guilty, then that is the end of it.

I thought you americans preached freedom of speech and crap like that..and what happens..you try to screw that guy over for just asking a few questions..

The bashing is actually pretty gentle. The reason for it is the attitude and slant of the inquiry, rather than the subject matter. If the questions are leading, with a built-in bias, then they are objectionable. If they had been simple queries as to the facts, a lot less people would be angry. If you notice, the owner of the forums came into the thread, made a comment, but didn't lock or delete the thread.

when another girl get raped at a DZ are you gona pull the same shit on her..or is that somehow different?

It is completely different. If you actually thought about what you just asked, you would answer your own question. In the case of a trial and "Not Guilty" verdict, in the eyes of the law, they didn't do it. Your rape situation doesn't apply to this discussion. First of all, in your scenario, the guy did it. In this one, nobody is guilty of any crime. The "protect the family" is about sticking up for each other and not letting innocent people be slammed without cause. Nobody is calling for any cover-up of wrongdoings. Just in this case, there appear to be none.

Why make a tragedy worse by harping on a victim? Freedom of speech lets you, but common decency says you probably shouldn't.