mofo554

Mike Mullins

Ok...so is this skydiving's dirtiest little secret? Well, to be more correct, it isn't exactly a secret. Many (perhaps only some) know that Mike Mullins was put on trial, and eventually acquitted, for the murder of his wife. The circumstances surrounding the case were extremely fishy. If I recall correctly, Mullins spent a small fortune on his legal team, and the case attracted a great deal of media attention.

My question is along these lines. Are there people out there who refuse to jump, work, associate, etc. with Mullins because of his "shady" past? To anybody that knows him or has met him, have you ever seen this come up in conversation around him? How was it dealt with at the time of the investigation, trial, and immediately following the verdict? Further, to anybody that knows anything about the incident, do you think he is guilty?

He may have been found not guilty in a court of law, but the court of public opinion is another matter.

I know people that will not jump his plane.....In fact a large number of the "old school" Memphis jumpers stopped jumping or went to small cessna DZ's.

It has never been brought up around him anytime I was with him. I used to travel with the KA and spent a fair amount of time with the guy.

Fact is he didn't get convicted. So in my eyes he didn't do it. Fishy evidence or not.

As for other Dirty little secrets....Think Roger Nelson.

But as with both of these guys, most of what you hear is just flat out wrong and slander.

Makes me wonder why you posted this?

Got a beef with Mike?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If you go through skydiving avoiding everybody who has an interesting past, you'll find yourself hanging out with a pretty small crowd, I think.

He was aquitted. I don't see any point in holding a grudge against someone who got let off.

It's that whole thing about being presumed innocent until proven guilty...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

you know anyone can accuse someone of something and push it into court and there will be people out there that automatically assume the person to be guilty. I don't know anything about Mike Mullins other then he has a really fast plane. So I believe he is innocent and to speculate on something that no one outside of the police, the jurors, judge and the people involved really know anything about is a waste of time. Let it go.

Not everyone that is accused of a crime is guilty.

Not everyone that commits a crime will be accused.

If there was not sufficient evidence to convict him then in our society and in the eyes of the law, he is innocent.

This thread simply serves to create controversy.

Ok...so is this skydiving's dirtiest little secret? Well, to be more correct, it isn't exactly a secret. Many (perhaps only some) know that Mike Mullins was put on trial, and eventually acquitted, for the murder of his wife. The circumstances surrounding the case were extremely fishy. If I recall correctly, Mullins spent a small fortune on his legal team, and the case attracted a great deal of media attention.

My question is along these lines. Are there people out there who refuse to jump, work, associate, etc. with Mullins because of his "shady" past? To anybody that knows him or has met him, have you ever seen this come up in conversation around him? How was it dealt with at the time of the investigation, trial, and immediately following the verdict? Further, to anybody that knows anything about the incident, do you think he is guilty?

He may have been found not guilty in a court of law, but the court of public opinion is another matter.

Regardless of opinions, Mike didn't do it. He was acquitted because he is innocent.

I'll jump with him anytime, and am honored to have him as a friend.

Blue skies,

Winsor

If there was not sufficient evidence to convict him then in our society and in the eyes of the law, he is innocent.

Then why does that not hold true for OJ Simpson?

I'm not drawing any conclusions about Mike Mullins since I do not know the guy nor do I know the details of his case. TBH, I don't feel that is matters to me. There's a lot of people that I know with questionable pasts. What matters to me is who they are now..
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Regardless of opinions, Mike didn't do it. He was acquitted because he is innocent.

He was found "Not Guilty"
Not..."Innocent"

...I remember couch freaks well.
That being said, I would jump with or do business with Mr. Mullens anywhere...anytime.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

He was found "Not Guilty"
Not..."Innocent"

...I remember couch freaks well.
That being said, I would jump with or do business with Mr. Mullens anywhere...anytime.

I didn't say he was found innocent, I said he IS innocent - I'm aware of the distinction.

He was found not guilty of the charges because he is innocent of the crime.

who gives a shit, let's skydive!

If mike can get me to altitude quick I don't give a rat's ass about what he did or did not do in his past! (havn't jumped his jumpship yet but looking DAMN foward to it!)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I used to jump out at Coolidge quite a bit when he was out there and honestly he seems like every other person out there. Very cordial and polite and DAMN HIS PLANE IS FAST!!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P

Miss that he is actually not out there anymore. Guess I'll have to go start chasing the boogie circuits and become a real skydiver... ;)

Seriously though, I heard about the "dirty secret" and since I had met him before I knew and already based my opinion of him off of my own personal experience then who really gives a shit?

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Who are we to pass judgement?? I know that I am in no position to make these decisions, and those who were trusted to judge by the court system (the Jury) acquitted the man - What else do you want?
I will never associate with those who commit such crimes. Mike was acquitted - Doesn't that satisfy you? Granted, our justice system is a long way from perfect - but it is all we have - and a LOT more than what you or I have.

My .02 -
=========Shaun ==========

Well, I don't know details, but I don't need to. I have jumped his plane a few times and he is one hell of a pilot. I also know one of his sons and a long time family friend that Mike brought up practically as a son. For one, his boys have there shit together and are damn fine people. They were raised that way by Mike. The past is the past and we all know that only celebrities like OJ can get off. Mike was found innocent for a reason. Now, like what was said above, LET'S SKYDIVE!!!!!

Clint D-24352