Snowwhite

WFFC location?

I think my work will have more to do with getting me home bit! :D

That's what I've heard before . . . :)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hit the road Jack!

Why does the convention have to be held at the same place every year? As the WORLD Freefall Convention I've always thought it should have a year in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, etc. Back in the day when America was the capital of all things skydiving and everyone was willing to travel to Quincy it all worked out great. Times have changed and skydiving is global.

The Whig also reports Mayor Spring says it's a homeland security issue to host the convention at the airport as well, especially in a post 9-11 world.

W/E...

Alot of people are crying 9-11 this or that to get money....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

F__ck Quincy!!!!!

They made it clear they didn't want us there and I feel no need to spend any money in that town. I would go back to rantoul as it's a great site and the townspeople seem to love us there. I'd also go to most any new town as it's just fun to break in a new location;)

After all the City of Quincy's crap, you would have to be crazy to go back there. I've been to the last 14 conventions and the last few years at Quincy you could tell the vibe was dead and it just never recovered. I don't know where to move it to or even just leaving it dead. There are several other large boogies now that have been taking over anyway.Maybe a joint effort would be more beneficial, join up with Lost Prairie or Couch Freaks or one of the other large boogies.

Naval Helicopter Field, Chula Vista, CA. Half a mile from the beach (Pacific Ocean.) Near hotels and food. Huge area; surrounded mostly by parkland. (Ugly parkland, but parkland nonetheless.) Four runways; I think one is still open. Winds always out of the west at 10kts. Summer is ALWAYS sunny.

32deg 25' 59.37" N
117deg 06' 43.71" W

Just don't get out on a bad spot; Tijuana is about 1/2 mile south.

Naval Helicopter Field, Chula Vista, CA. Half a mile from the beach (Pacific Ocean.) Near hotels and food. Huge area; surrounded mostly by parkland. (Ugly parkland, but parkland nonetheless.) Four runways; I think one is still open. Winds always out of the west at 10kts. Summer is ALWAYS sunny.

32deg 25' 59.37" N
117deg 06' 43.71" W

Just don't get out on a bad spot; Tijuana is about 1/2 mile south.

Exit in Mexico, land in the U.S.A.
Watch out for minuteman:P

Other : UK:)

What about taking it back to where Nationals used to be in Oklahoma?

Do I shoot you now or later!!!:S

Can you even name "one" of the towns the Nationals were held in, much less spell them?

Wanted Videographers at SkyFest 7! Will pay two jump tickets for every jump! Will pay double for out of focus still shots!!!

Geeeezzz!!:S>:(B|:)

I love that the mayor complains about underage drinking. They were the ones who insisted that we let locals in. Then, the cops complained about the under-aged locals drinking. :S

It got to the point that I saw people getting busted for lighting bottle rockets. It became the parallel of ticketing out of town speeders only.

I was in the tent at Quincy the last year when Don asked the crowd (guessing 400-500 people?) if they wanted to return. It was a very clear NO. Those people have definitely not forgot.

I saw things change from '96 until the last year when it was just plain antagonistic.

Nothing has changed there. I absolutely won't go back to Q.

Can you even name "one" of the towns the Nationals were held in, much less spell them?

Wanted Videographers at SkyFest 7! Will pay two jump tickets for every jump! Will pay double for out of focus still shots!!!

You didn't read further did you?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

You didn't read further did you?:|

I did, ........after I posted this:S...... But I still would have posted it..:PB|

And you know where Ok. came into your mind from? Its like "hey! lets do a Jamaica boogie"

But to tell you the truth Beth and I have already discussed it. I do think that a joint venture (SF & WFFC) would really create an awesome event.

Has anyone noticed the three Full page WFFC ads? They all have the SkyFest logo. We are proud of that and would love to consider a joint venture.

So turtle, I am currently looking for volunteers for KP.:P;)

You know I always appreciate your dedication to SF for the last few years!!!:)
J

J

Kitty Patrol?
Sweet!!!

Dedication is good.:):D

And it was Muskogee.:)

There is always Canada,

1. The drinking age is lower (18 in Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec 19 all other Provinces)
2. Good Beer (not that the donkey piss you all down there call beer is bad :P)
3. The weathers good.
4. We have multi colored money so that when intoxicated you don't have to figure out through blurred haze the denomination is on the bill just the color
5. 180-day repack cycle
6. We love beaver (Hey we love it so much it our national symbol)
7. For those coming from other then south of the boarder no US customs to deal with.:D

SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

J

Kitty Patrol?
Sweet!!!

:)

And always appreciated!

(gave ya enuf time to google it eh?);)
and then or where else?..............?????? hint: begins with a T

Ok turtle, you can have the video slot for the 2-point 20-way freefly TeXXas state record!!! TJ said he wants to schedule 21+ jumps with the 20 way and a hybrid!!!
So how is your head down?B|

J

Kitty Patrol?
Sweet!!!

:)

And always appreciated!

(gave ya enuf time to google it eh?);)
and then or where else?..............?????? hint: begins with a T

Ok turtle, you can have the video slot for the 2-point 20-way freefly TeXXas state record!!! TJ said he wants to schedule 21+ jumps with the 20 way and a hybrid!!!
So how is your head down?B|

That would be Tulsa . . . I used to live there. So I guess you can say I cheated.:)
As far as Hybrid . . . who needs head down when I have a Shiner Bock Arch?:)

The Whig also reports Mayor Spring says it's a homeland security issue to host the convention at the airport as well, especially in a post 9-11 world.

It's a WHAT?!

Fucking moronic sheep.

I vote for here:http://www.castleairport.merced.ca.us/

IT's only got one runway though.:| 11,000+ ft long.:o

Good museum too:http://www.elite.net/castle-air/
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

That would be Tulsa . . . I used to live there. So I guess you can say I cheated.:)

Um NO! It would not be Tulsa. Dig deeper my friend. ;):)

As far as Hybrid . . . who needs head down when I have a Shiner Bock Arch?:)

Hmmmm good point, guess I could probably keep the fall rate on that one too!:(:)
Ok, I think we have just hijacked a thread:S so..

I think it is too early to try and pick a place for the next WFFC. Maybe one should look at how the numbers turn out this year before committing to a place. Things have been shaken up so far this year, Dublin did not experience a growth as expected. :(

Which of course creates concern for SF, yet the WFFC had not made its announcement prior to Dublin, so who knows. My point is, lets see if the other big events "pick up" from the WFFC. Then decide if it is worth the effort.
Just a thought...
Still sad to see it miss a year:(