unformed

If you received a check in the mail ...

From an old employer for a large sum of money, what would you do? It is undoubtedly a mistake, as you haven't worked for that company in months, but there's a signed check in your name for a couple thousand dollars.

I know what the right thing to do is. What would you do?
This ad space for sale.

I had this exact thing happen to me earlier this year....I suddenly got a check from them, and it had been 6 months. Thing is, it was a payroll check for two complete weeks....full pay period.

I called them, and they checked on it. It was of course a mistake. They thanked me over and over and over for being honest with them.

But that is just how I was raised.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

From an old employer for a large sum of money, what would you do? It is undoubtedly a mistake, as you haven't worked for that company in months, but there's a signed check in your name for a couple thousand dollars.

I know what the right thing to do is. What would you do?

It depends on the circumstances of your leaving . . . if they were dicks - then keep it - if it was a pleasant severance - then call and ask.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I had this exact thing happen to me earlier this year....I suddenly got a check from them, and it had been 6 months. Thing is, it was a payroll check for two complete weeks....full pay period.

I called them, and they checked on it. It was of course a mistake. They thanked me over and over and over for being honest with them.

That's the thing. First thing in my mind was fucking a ... i can pay off my debt, be completely clear.

next thing that's in my mind is i know the guy and i know he runs a tight operation and just like the rest of us he works hard to make his business work.

as much as karma seems to always fuck me regardless of whether i do the right thing or not ... i know this is something i couldn't live with ...

goddammit ... if only, i believed in jesus, i could commit the sin and then immediately repent.

edit to add: this isn't a religious thread ... its me a smartass ....
This ad space for sale.

Cash the check.. Head to local strip club and donate some of you ill gotten gains to Single Moms and girls that are just working thier way through college!!:P:D

Only spend a couple hundred and then the next day go tell them what happened and you feel horrible about it and give them back what is left.

Cash the check.. Head to local strip club and donate some of you ill gotten gains to Single Moms and girls that are just working thier way through college!!:P:D

Only spend a couple hundred and then the next day go tell them what happened and you feel horrible about it and give them back what is left.

wow, that's the best advise i've heard yet!

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

I'm not a single mom or trying to put myself thorugh college (I've already done and paid for that), but...

Admit it, you're too pretty for jail, too!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Admit it, you're too pretty for jail, too!~~April

Yea well between that and it looks like I have a hot date with an electrician this weekend....no need in risking missing that :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well shit, I'd give him a lap dance . . .:o:P:P:P:P:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Do the right thing. Besides, they'll figure it out eventually and will come knocking for the money back.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Do the right thing. Besides, they'll figure it out eventually and will come knocking for the money back.

NOoooo...

I've always done the right thing. And what has it gotten me. An old Vector 2 with shity y pin proteciton, a job that has nothing to do with my degree, a house i probalby can't sell (if interestnt in a nice 2 bedroom townhome in Plymouth, MN, let me know), and a shitty fall rate because bulimia is not for me...go for the pretty new rig. Do it!!!

NOoooo...

I've always done the right thing. And what has it gotten me. An old Vector 2 with shity y pin proteciton, a job that has nothing to do with my degree, a house i probalby can't sell (if interestnt in a nice 2 bedroom townhome in Plymouth, MN, let me know), and a shitty fall rate because bulimia is not for me...go for the pretty new rig. Do it!!!

When we were first married, we received a notice from my husbands employer that they had deposited exactly $17,000.00 more in our checking account than the amount of my husbands pay check. This was in the early days of direct depost, and it had already been two days since the notice had been mailed.

As I stood there looking at this incredibly WRONG amount of money the phone rang, it was the company saying PLEASE DON"T SPEND THE MONEY!!

Of course I never would have, but at the time it was about the same amount as the total mortgage on our house. We sure would have been on easy street!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Already did ... called him and shredded the check ....

Dude!! You could have Burned the check.. Then you could have atleast snorted the ashes off a strippers ass.:S;):D:D

That would have been better.B|

Already did ... called him and shredded the check ....

Dude!! You could have Burned the check.. Then you could have atleast snorted the ashes off a strippers ass.:S;):D:D

While that would be cool ... I quit snorting things once I completed my life goal.
This ad space for sale.