ripcord4

Papillon canopy

I only have one picture... that one in my mind when after Airborne School decided to take up skydiving and the Papillon was my student canopy... Looking up and thinkiing... "Man, there's a lot of holes bigger than my helmet in this one. I wonder if this is gonna hurt?" :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Most all of my PC jumps were on a Mark 1. I did jump a PAP a couple of times and I don't recall it being much different to land. If I remember right it was made with a slicker, shinier, material than my Mark 1.

And yes, (being an old airborne trooper)...the first sight of all those holes.... bigger than your helmet, was a bit scary....Steve1

Steve.. do you want to jump mine next year at LP???

Its the purty Blue and Gold one that Jeremy took into MacGregor;)

Sure, I'd love to jump it! I'll bring my Frenchies....I think I'll jump my new, old PC into the lake though. I'm still waiting on my rigger to do the needed repair and modification to it. I'm afraid that even after all that, it will never land as soft as a Mark 1. It's a competition model. The modification to it should help, but it may still land like a ton of bricks. So, I'm leary of jumping it on land. A water jump, may be a good place to test it out....Steve1

Does anyone out there have a good picture of the Papillon round canopy in flight? Thanks.....

Here's my old Pap. These pics taken around 1974 in Papua New Guinea. The Pap was far superior to the PC, IMHO. Had more drive, crisp turns, a nice sink for accuracy and soft landings.

Mine was EFA, French built. From memory, main difference between the French and American Pap was the condom. This was a little soft fabric sleeve that pulled up over the apex portion of the canopy during packing - the portion that was inverted after opening by the center-lines and held in shape by the crown lines.

Blue Skies,

fergs[:/]

Does anyone out there have a good picture of the Papillon round canopy in flight? Thanks.....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=56492;

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1014222#1014222

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1017614#1017614

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ok... so are we jumping round this year into the lake or WHAT....

I dug out my Papillon... and PC MKII and took both the belly warts over to Charlie to get them packed up....only a month to go till LP////

I have one boat lined up for the jumps...hopefully the winds will be better in the morning.. last year they were HONKIN.

Not jumping anymore, but still have my Sttrato Star  & 252. I am the original owner of both. I had my Strato Star modded after a near death experience back in 1975. Both looking for a new good home. 252 Wonderhog equipped.

Edited by ArtR