maxdog

Importing rig from US to UK

I’m in the process of ordering my new rig and it appears to be considerably cheaper to fly to the US and collect it than to have it shipped over to the UK. Something about paying UK Tax and import duty etc.

Has anyone ever done this or have any advice? Any problems with customs?
PH36 Canopy Formation Team.
www.skydive99.com
www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/PH36-Canopy-Formati

If you are picking it up, just declare it as you come through customs. If they are sending it, it may have to be sent to a Customs office which will hold it until you pay the duty.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

If you are picking it up, just declare it as you come through customs. If they are sending it, it may have to be sent to a Customs office which will hold it until you pay the duty.

tash

Or just don't decare it as you go through customs... :)

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

If captured with undeclared goods,declare that they are second hand and therfore duty excempt.

I didn't tell you that:)

Doent work like that, new or second hand it all gets paid duty.

Just tell them that you took it over to the US to jump therefore its returning into the country.

Or...you are repairing it and it is only going to be in the country on a temp basis therefore vat exempt while it is here...

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.