warpedskydiver

Aftermarket Intrument Cluster for GSXR1100?

What do you need a fuel guage for? Just Calculate your MPG and use your trip odometer

:D

None of the bikes I have ever owned have had fuel gauges. how dumb are you that you need one:S:S

WTF?. There is never any shortage of internet commandos on this site, is there?

Your fuel consumption changes with how and where you ride - track, mountains, high speed, low speed, passengers, etc. Not entirely necessary, sure. But it could be nice to have. It certainly doesn't make the guy dumb....

He said NEED one and i agree if you dont know how to work out the aprox fuel ussage you're dumb. I can tell you within 5KM when my bikes will hit reserve.
That's another thing, new bikes dont have a reserve, so dumbarses need gauges:D:D:D

How hard can it possibly be to tell when your Big Wheel is running low on gas? :D

Action©Sports

You fucker, outin' yourself to sunny like that.

P.S. you forgot that 3000lb German Sherpard with the 15 inch stainless steel canine incisors that only eats fresh human flesh.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

He said NEED one and i agree if you dont know how to work out the aprox fuel ussage you're dumb. I can tell you within 5KM when my bikes will hit reserve.
That's another thing, new bikes dont have a reserve, so dumbarses need gauges:D:D:D

Well you would not be able to do it on my bike, if you rode enough and knew what the fuel consumption on an 1127cc carburated motor could vary by, you would realize that you can't be that accurate.

I can easily calc in my head ETA, and fuel rates on traveling at normal speeds (under 100mph)

duh...

Why are people so quick to critisize the riding skills of someone they don't even know?I ride plenty (near 30 years myself) and almost daily, and all my bikes (750 1100 and 1200cc) are caribied. and I can still tell you the fuel range on each and every bike both around town and long distance.

Also I made no comment what so ever about your riding skills, merely your aptitude;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well you would not be able to do it on my bike, if you rode enough and knew what the fuel consumption on an 1127cc carburated motor could vary by, you would realize that you can't be that accurate.

I can easily calc in my head ETA, and fuel rates on traveling at normal speeds (under 100mph)

duh...

Why are people so quick to critisize the riding skills of someone they don't even know?
I ride plenty (near 30 years myself) and almost daily, and all my bikes (750 1100 and 1200cc) are caribied. and I can still tell you the fuel range on each and every bike both around town and long distance.

Also I made no comment what so ever about your riding skills, merely your aptitude;)

BAD SQUEAK! Back in your cage....

I have been riding for almost 25 years. Started on 2 stroke dirt, to cruisers, sport bikes, and now to a Night Train.

Fuel consumption changes for what, where, passengers, how fast, and what temperatures.

I don't NEED a fuel gauge, as most people people do not. It has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence, or aptitude, or riding skill. It is merely a convenience.

I guess I could do experiment to figure out all the variables, and do the same with all my cars and trucks too. But damn, I have more important things to worry about....

Eat some fromage....

:)
Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

What do you need a fuel guage for? Just Calculate your MPG and use your trip odometer

start with a full tank of gas and reset the trip odometer when you fill er up

when you fill up again, divide the number of miles you traveled by the number of gallons you put in.

Multiply your answer by your gas tank size and that'll tell you how far you can go on a tank.

I'd subtract 20 from the final answer to make sure I don't run out of gas, but that's me... and I've done it:D

My gas mileage can vary quite a bit.

I have over 21k miles on this one after being off it for five years total, due to some injuries.

(hard to ride with a leg brace)

I have hit the reserve while traveling at a high rate and it was not a welcome feeling.

At normal speeds I don't care about fuel rates.

All I ever had originally was a light that indicated you ran out and need reserve.

Just fill up before you have to wonder if you're low... I can get 120-140 miles to the tank (3.3 gallons) but I usually fill up around 80 miles just so I never have to wonder if I'll make it
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I wish I could help more, but all my ideas are on here already. I just want to tell what I did. I got rid of everything I could, got a big light-weight tac and a bicycle speedo. Worked great for the track and lost a bunch of very high center of grav lbs.

Probably not legal, but 99% of the police have no clue. I have been pulled over while running race slicks,no lights, and full race exhaust and not gotten anymore then "slow down a little".
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.