blithedj

Reflex Container Size

Did some searching through the forums with no real luck.

Currently I have a Reflex-R550 with a FC Raider in it. (220 sq feet, F-111, DOM 1998).

Flight concept's manual estimates that the pack volume of the Raider is 445 cubic inches. I have heard conflicting reports that it actually ends up being somewhere in the 480's.

My question is: What do you guys think is the min/max canopy pack volumes for my container? I can't find any Reflex sizing charts online anywhere. I'm looking to eventually move to something a step down in size, and ZP. I had my eye on either a Pilot or a Safire 2.

Thoughts?

Did some searching through the forums with no real luck.

Currently I have a Reflex-R550 with a FC Raider in it. (220 sq feet, F-111, DOM 1998).

Flight concept's manual estimates that the pack volume of the Raider is 445 cubic inches. I have heard conflicting reports that it actually ends up being somewhere in the 480's.

My question is: What do you guys think is the min/max canopy pack volumes for my container? I can't find any Reflex sizing charts online anywhere. I'm looking to eventually move to something a step down in size, and ZP. I had my eye on either a Pilot or a Safire 2.

Thoughts?

R 550. Reserve size aprox 450 cu in, main size aprox 530 cu in. Good for Raven II res and Sabre 190 main size canopies.

Mick.

Any ideas on a Pilot 188 or a Safire 2 189?

If it was sized for a Sabre 190, a Pilot 188 or Safire 189 will fit, no problem.

Also, my Raider seems to fit very nicely in the bag/container, and it's supposed to have a pack volume of 445. Does something seem very off here?

Determining the pack volume of a canopy is a very inexact science. Canopy bulk depends on a few variables, the biggest of which is humidity or lack thereof (canopies pack smaller in more humid air and vice versa).

Thanks for responding Mick.

Any ideas on a Pilot 188 or a Safire 2 189?

Also, my Raider seems to fit very nicely in the bag/container, and it's supposed to have a pack volume of 445. Does something seem very off here?

Sorry for the delay in responding, it's been a long week. Basic rule of thumb: If it fits in to the bag without too much trouble it will fit the container the bag is designed for. As for the Raider (Dragonflys successor), it probably has something to do with the line type involved. What type of lines do you have on your Raider?

Mick.