ruido

gear question

hi people, i just received my new micron v306, i ordered a pull out deployment but they sent me the boc with a freefly handle. i've searched through many threads talking about the wings style freefly handle but found nothing about the micron. the micron system sews the pud handle directly to the pilot chute top skin (as aposed to having a 2" peice of tape between handle and pilot chute like on the wings system) leaving a small amount of exposed pilot chute. does any one out there have some info on the saftey of this system?

I find the freefly handle on Microns makes packing the pilot chute in the pouch a little more awkward, but the handle itself seems secure- the few milimeters of exposed pc fabric are covered by the handle anyway and unless the canopy is way too small for the container, it shouldn't move. One thing to note- if the tuck tab does come out on a Micron, the handle is still going to stay in its place whereas on a Wings, the 2" tape connecting it to the pc allows for something akin to a floating pud mal to occur. Personally, I like Micron's ff handle better.

have you heard of people sewing a strip of velcro to the tab of the handle?

I've never encountered that on a Vector 3 (and I've packed a lot of them). I think I've seen it on Atom Legends, though, but it wasn't an added modification.

On a Micron, velcro would be redundant, IMO. Like I said, the freefly handle is tucked under the flap quite securely and even if it came out it wouldn't be much of an issue- it would function just like the simple pillow pc handle with no tabs that you can see on some rigs...