bloody_trauma

Under Armor?

anyone ever wear under armor in freefall or otherwise and what did you think of it, it came to me to maybe wear it to streamline my body.

OK I must be thinking of somthing different, how does under armour make you streamlined?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I like Under Armor but really anything for cycling will serve well and the prices are usually better.

Go to the clothing section of www.performancebike.com to start. Performance Bike's private label gives a lot of bang for the buck, you can machine wash (but hang dry for longevity), and everything's cut to hug the body. I usually bring a pair of wind pants or something like that out as prancing around in skin-tight leggings is so 80s.

http://www.performancebike.com

Blaaaaa!!!!!

I'm doing my own boycot of these bozos.... 4 weeks and 1/2 to replace a bottom bracket that pulverized after less then 6 months of use, while still under warrantee, is completely unacceptable! It was their damm bike dammit!

try www.nashbar.com or better yet, support you local ma and pa store.
Remster

Yeaaah, I forgot to mention that returns on anything that cost more that $100 kinda sucks at Performance. My bad. :$

As far as my local goes, there are 2 pairs of Nike shorts for $95 each and that's about it. Selection is not their strong point. Repairs, on the other hand, rock.

returns on anything

It wasnt a return... It was a store repair at the Performance store where I bought it. Their policy is apparently not to care about customer satisfaction and wait for their suppliers to send replacements...

Anyways... REI and MEC have great base layers too. UnderArmour is way overpriced IMO. And their basic lycra layers arent that warm either. They're a decent wicking, light weight base layer, but not the best at doing taht either. Polypro is still the best for that IMO.
Remster

We have this guy... Mikey... at our DZ that calls it Under Anchor... when ever he goes low on a jump, we blame it on his Under Anchor... :P

Anyway, I hear its really warm. I still have some old Polar Max tops and bottoms I wear in the winter sometimes... as so much as we have winter here in SoCal... ;)

Is Under Armor a brand name?

Yup, but I think its spelled Under Armour. It started as compression and sweat wicking garments for football players (American style, worn under all the pads). There are other manufactures out there that have better products that cost less, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Under a jumpsuit I haven't noticed a difference. There might be, but its not that big of a deal. Without anything over it? Well, I'm not exactly the right body type to be walking around the DZ wearing skin tight shirts. I would assume you would fall a bit faster, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

experiences? changes in speed?

If your profile is correct, dont worry about the speed difference a minute amount of bulk may make.

I like thin, insulated spandex type layers beacause they provide some warmth while not making the jumpsuit too tight. But if its cold enough, I'll have a layer of thin fleece on top of the base.
Remster