Miami

F22 - airshow appearance

Just got a chance to see an F22 practice a bit of its routine for an upcoming airshow...one of the more amazing things I've seen!

Don't know the names of some of the maneuvers the pilot was doing, but he pointed the nose straight up and hovered for a good 10 seconds...no vertical or horizontal movement at all, did a back loop at fairly low speed on the nose of the jet...tip of the nose stayed in just about the same position as the rest of the body rotated around it, and a hammerhead type stall then flipping over the back and into a flat spin kind of position.

Crazy cool stuff...was wishing I had some sort of camera with me...if you get the chance to see an F22 perform in a airshow don't miss it. They are scheduled to perform in the Langley airshow at the end of April.
Miami

how do I spell. PLPLPLPLPL (that's my tongue wagging)

I see those fuckers all the time.:D
same with the thunderbirds, stealth fighters and a multitude of aircraft that rotate through Nellis AFB.:ph34r:

Ever see the imax movie Fighter pilot?
If not go buy it from amazon. (dot com, not amazon who posts here)

My photos

My Videos

I just spent the last 5 years working flight test on it out at Edwards, It's one hell of a jet. was engine cert. have over 100 runs on it and 7 in afterburner. you ain't seen nothing yet, wait till they open the flight envelope on it.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Are you anywhere near "Sun And Fun" right now or just on base?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Ok...

Between the three years I spent as a performer at airshows and the other 9 or 10 years I spent providing medical support at airshows I've seen my fair share of the thunderducks and other various matte black aircraft.:P

Miami

I have not kept up with this plane as much as I think I should have, but if it can do that stuff THAT IS AWESOME!!

My dad actually works on the program here in GA at Lockheed so I'll ask him about it and see what he can tell me.

One of our jumps last year it flew underneath us by about 5 thousand feet on our way up to altitude. That was awesome!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I was really impressed by it...I have to work the airshow on the 28th so I'm taking my 20D and a 300mm lens. I'll try and get some good sequence shots of the manuvers (although the hover will be pretty boring!), photoshop them into one image, and post them.
Miami