okalb

Viso Stock

I think Bonnie at GravityGear might. Go to gravitygear.com I'm pretty sure I saw some in her Byron office, but I could be wrong.

I checked there, but her site has not been updated. It still says "coming soon"
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

i called paragear on my lunch break today. to ask if a battery was included and to be sure of what kind of mount it comes with. they said they are out, but if i put in an order i would be put on a list and my credit card wouldn't be charged till they get more in and ship them out- sometime at the end of oct.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Not to be "that guy," but I was at the Chicks Rock! boogie this weekend, and wandered into Ground Zero at Elsinore to find - lo and behold - that they had 1 left.

So I bought it.

Still haven't jumped it yet - I like to know how my electronics work before I rely on them to save my life), so I can't yet give you a review...but I do know that its user interface is a lot less intuitive than the Neptunes that I've seen. (There's no menu system - you just have to remember the right sequence to press the three buttons in order to get to where you want to go - but that doesn't seem that much more complicated than, say, a digital watch. Again, only problem is, it's a bit tougher to get the hang of, at first, so you might plan on *gasp* reading the manual).

Also, it comes with a *really* crappy wrist strap (we're talking "tie-the-Viso-to-the-velcro-strap-with-cable-ties" sorta-thing), so I'd order a 'Protektor,' too, if you're planning on getting a Viso.

Nonetheless, the main reason for this post is to say that yeah, they're out there. I completely didn't expect to just stumble onto one, given all that I've heard on the forums and from places like Gravity Gear & Square 1 - but there it was.

So yeah...sorry I can't give you a good tip on where to actually find one, but my best advice is to just keep your eyes peeled - it worked for me. They're bound to be coming in soon.

I got mine at Chicks Rock this weekend too. I had pre-ordered it from Square1 but they keep telling me it's at least two weeks from arriving. A buddy saw Ground Zero had one (or two) and bought it for me (I arrived late Sat afternoon, in time for the DC-3 jump).

The wrist strap is a joke. I drove over to Square1 and bought their instrument gloves. Very nice. Irritating that I had to spend an extra $30 for a usable mount (I would have got the gloves free if I had waited for my order with Square1, but I'm impatient). I checked Para-gear and the wrist strap and finger loop L&B shows in promo pictures is $26 combined.

The VISO's interface is not inuitive, but it doesn't take long to figure out. I got my training on the SOLO and OPTIMA so it was familiar in the odd L&B way.

I've only jumped once with the VISO so far and at that time, I put it in my pocket since I didn't want to mess with the included wrist mount. Just wanted to try out the jump logging/data features. The playback feature is cool and I "re-jumped" my jump once I had it mounted in the glove. From this I feel confident it will be perfectly visible in the sky.

For the price, it's good. More features and a better display than the Suunto watch or Digitude (and cheaper). If cost isn't a factor and you like all the features (PC connection for data logging and updates, more speed data on previous jumps, ability to flip the display, canopy alerts, to name a few) Neptune is the way to go. But if all you want is a digital altimeter, the VISO is it.
Brian Drake

OK, so L&B finally released the Viso. Of course, nobody that I have spoken to has any in stock. Does anyone know any dealers that have any in stock?

-OK

Oren,

I got the last one from Dave, two weeks ago, and it kicks ass ;)

Be aware that the finger mount that is shown on the package is not what you get though. You get the wrist mount. L&B is beta testing different finger mount units at this time.

I do like it. It's easy to see in the bright sunlight, and as was said above, the functions are similiar to the Optima. The playback works really well too.

I was told Saturday that a bunch were sent to the Danish army..

Just had to rub it in a little :)