Rebecca

Gunman barricaded at Johnson Space Center - Wendy, please check in.

Gunman dead, hostage dead.

YAY - SHIT - in that order!>:(

wtf is ">:(" all about?????? Oh, and correction:

hostage dead, gunman dead....[:/]

I'm only sad that he did not rot in prison for decades before getting killed by an inmate or getting a lethal injection like the rabid animal he proved himself to be through his actions.

That's true... sometimes the best punishment for a ruthless and cold-blooded murderer or rapist is a gruesome death in prison by other inmates. Remember Jeffrey Dahmer? Didn't last long in there. Neither did that Catholic priest from MA convicted of molesting young altar boys. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

half the country is full of bloodthirsty people who just want to see murderers die.

Edited for accuracy.

We've got a court system if your outlandish scenario was true...

Since you responded to my post originally your edit for accuracy is inaccurate. Rebecca hoped for the guy to be dead BEFORE she new he killed anyone. then you jumped on the bandwagon

I'm glad he is dead--saves the cost and hassle of a trial.

He got off easy....just like the guy at Virginia Tech.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

<>
No, they are dead, you don't get any more final than that. They did wrong and they paid the ultimate price. It was their call but I'd never call that "getting off easy".

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

<>
No, they are dead, you don't get any more final than that. They did wrong and they paid the ultimate price. It was their call but I'd never call that "getting off easy".

He doesn't have to live with the consequences of his action (gunmen not those who were killed)...he doens't have to see the devastation in the families of those who were affected, so there fore, he got off easy in my book. Obviousley he was a very disturbed individual and didn't receive the help that he needed. I can honestly say that I don't know what I would do if that were one of my kids that were killed while away at school the way that these kids were sitting in class....just doing there every day normal thing.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

This is the warm fuzzy Bonfire so I wasn't flaming B.T.W

I know , it stinks bad but we can't wish even worse on them than actually happened. We are s'posed to be civilised.

There isn't always an answer to all the problems.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hi guys. You can't imagine how heartwarming it was to have my son call me at the DZ to find out if I was OK. That was absolutely incredible.

I think I knew the victim; used to ride in the same motorcycle group with him and his wife when I was married. They were really sweet; not the typical Harley-rider wannabes, just sweet people.

But the perpetrator apparently was living in fear for his job, that he lived for, that had to have been hard on him. Not excusably hard, but some people can really torture themselves. There isn't a good answer, and there isn't an excuse. Just that some people have dark places in their mind, and those dark places are different for each and every person.

One of the Spaceland jumpers works for the same company as the guy who went whacko. He doesn't think he knew him, though.

So rest in peace, both David Beverly and Bill Phillips.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Wendy - thanks for the reply. The whole situation is horrible, and I feel so sorry for everyone affected, especially the families of both men. You're the only NASA jumper I knew of specifically, but I'm so glad you're all safe.

What an awful week that was. [:/] May all of last week's victims RIP.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Well that's a relief! Still, I hope no one's been hurt...

Except you want the gunman dead:S:S:S:S

Yes, that's really all I was concerned about. :S

The most important thing in a hostage/lockdown situation is the safety of the potential victims.
If you can secure them and THEN get the perp out alive, great.
Otherwise, you have to stop the perp, who has already forfeited his rights by seeking to do violence to others, no matter his reason for doing so.

I'm sorry he's dead. I'm sorry his victim is dead. I was definitely still reacting to what happened at VT.

I don't appreciate the judgement from you. If you're ever being threatened at gunpoint, go ahead and try to hug it out - see what happens.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I know a lot of you don't believe in Heaven/Hell, and the Bible so would not share my take on this.

Man cannot even come close to doling out the fair and just reward that God is capable of.

No I'm not trying to get this thrown in Speaker's Corner. I KNOW everyone does not believe the way I do.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Yep. Bill was probably a whole lot closer when this was going down than I was. His building is right down the road, onsite.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)