trippin

canopy ???

The best way to figure out what canopy is right for her is for her to jump a number of different canopies and decide for herself. I'd suggest putting off buying a main for her until after she has done so.

What she said. I have recently switched from a Spectre 230 to a Pilot 210 and my experience has been that the toggle pressure on the Pilot is lower. But her experience may be different at a different WL. Like Lisa said, trying out canopies is a great idea. If you can't get to a DZ where there are demos available, contact the manufacturers about their demo programs and/or borrow/rent from another jumper or DZ.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Have you talked to instructors at your drop zone in regards to canopy choices?

Sometimes in an effort to be conservative, you may go too far on the other side. Too light of a wing loading can leave you vulnerable to gusty wind conditions and/or turbulance. On some canopies too light of a wing loading can even be less stable. Toggle and riser pressure may also be a factor.

Food for thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Mike

The best is to get in touch with the various manufactures and see about the demo program they run, and after advise from your Instructors on the best size. Get some demo sent out and fly them, do a few jumps on each.

We have a great demo program and your more than welcome to contact us for a canopy.
Chat to Sandy Kimball she runs our demo program [email protected]

Hope that gets you started.

Karl Meyer
Sales Representative
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300
Mobile: 1 813 841 2149
[email protected]
www.flyaerodyne.com

http://performancedesigns.com/silhouette.asp

I like the silhouette, it is a very forgiving canopy, that opens nice and flies very well.

It is of hybrid construction and therefore packs a little easier, and it that size will pack up a little smaller than all ZP. Also the price is a little better than most all ZP canopies.

I is a great canopy for what you are looking for.

A
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"