LloydDobbler

Argh!

So there I was - Friday the 13th, set to go down to the DZ with my g/f, who needed to get current again (I, OTOH, just needed to jump). Unfortunately, crappy weather rolled in that day, 3000' ceilings...so we decided to hit the mountain instead. Day 6 of snowboarding for me.

Last run of the day, after getting cut off by two skier girls and going down hard on my bad knee at the top of the mountain, I proceed to get almost to the bottom of the hill, where I catch an edge and go down hard on my back. And we're not talking a nice, glorious cartwheel-of-a-crash. Oh, no. Not this guy. We're talking the most unglamorous, lamest of falls one could ever have. My pride is only now starting to recover. AND I sprained both my wrists in the process. >:(

So I came home & finished purchasing the used container and reserve I've been looking at (which will require me to buy beer as soon as I jump it, as I've been jumping borrowed gear all this time). This is momentous. This is HUGE. The rig is glorious - Vector3, 2003, 50 jumps on it. Fits me like it was made for me. I'm damn excited. I begin setting up demos for mains.

...Fast-forward to today, when (since the wrist is still hurting), I go in to the doc and discover that yeah - you guessed it - I've been walking around for two weeks with a right wrist that's fractured in 2 places. :S

So here I am. New rig (well, new to me) waiting on me up at the DZ. The weather is finally beautiful again - supposed to be in the 80's all weekend. And I'm grounded for probably a month (at a minimum!!) >:(

Yep. This really sucks. So I just had to gripe about it. Thanks for commiserating.

Signatures are the new black.