RALFFERS

Any Sales Professionals out there?

Ok.......so the good news is I started working, the bad news I'm still broke >:( I work in sales, more precisely insurance. It's apperently good money after you have a stable client base, but hell until then :( I bust my ass 66 hours a week in the office waiting for clients, but so far its been all but good. I'm licensed to sell all lines, working for a broker that has contracts with 20 insurance companies, so its not like I'm short of product. My co-worker was trying was trying to cheer me up by telling me his best sale to date, $6,000 in one shot. His cheering up is not however, going to help me pay the bills. This may be lucritive in time, but it's anything but easy starting out as a newbie agent. If anyone can give me tips on how to grow in this line of work I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Insurance was my first sales position. Since then I've been in biotech/healthcare sales for 12+ yrs. But back in the insurance days, I sold various coverages to bank CEOs to promote to their clientele via mailings in statements such as FOH, AD&D, CL, etc. That's a tough market since competition is stiff, but you can do it. I've been in sales for a long time and I'll be certainly happy to share some tips which have worked for me consistently over the years. Just share some objections or challenges with me and I'll be happy to share some ideas to overcome them.

Good luck..Hang in there.

Just share some objections or challenges with me and I'll be happy to share some ideas to overcome them.

First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply...thanks :)
To be honest with you, just closing the deal on that one first sale is hard enough. Mind you I have no problem talking with people; I'm not shy in the least bit, but, I get my mind in "sale" mode and out of nowhere I'm uneasy, nervous, stuter, ect, ect... I know I can get passed it and be successfull, but how long it'll take me is anybodies guess. I do know a few things, A, my life is finally looking liike it can go somewhere after waisting a lot of it..all I have to do is get past my mental blocks, and B, I like working with and helping people....and as long as you're an honest agent (I am) helping people is your job description.

What I could really use help with is how to talk to a client in the office, and how to talk to a potential client outside of the office The latter is also important because 90% of the calls we get go to Greg (my co-worker) because he got his name thrown around. Somehow, I need to figure out how to do the samething; I need to make my exsitence known Also, an added challange is memorizing the details the specifics of so many companies. Metlife, Hartford, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Unicare AIG, AAA, and the list goes on.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

A wise man once said "stress comes from not knowing what you're doing."

Sales all my life and now Health Insurance. It's tough to get going but it only takes a few good deals and you're on your way. The hardest part is getting comfortable with the product line and knowing what your potential client needs and can afford.

When you get a chance to sit with someone take the time to figure out their current situation and what they're hoping to accomplish. REemember, you are not selling you're educating the prospect. If you have a product that solves their problem you will get the business. However, you can't solve their problem if you don't know what line will help them the most. Know it and when you think you know,go over it again.

Another hint, find the cheapest line you have. WHat does the most for the least amount of $. Clients won't tell you they can't afford something so make sure you put that inexpensive stuff in front of them.

Marketing: I'm assuming the company provides leads of some sort. This is the tough part...you have to find a way to have people calling you and only you for their insurance. I haven't yet found a way to effectively do that. Referrals from clients you've sold are gold. Try and find a niche market and go after it.

Organization: I use a program called ACT! http://www.act.com/ I believe you need some kind of program to keep you organized and focused. The people who blew you off today may be ready 1 month, 2 months, 6 months down the road. Stay in touch with them.

PM me if you want to talk more. Good luck!
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

low hanging fruit is what you need to pick to stay alive. Hit your friends and family sign them quick and get some small income rolling in while you cultivate the larger orders and fill your sales funnel. Sales is more dangerous than jumping. In sales you either live and are a god or you burn in and are remembered as that guy who was here and didn't make it. In the beginning plan on 60-80 hour weeks. this is what builds you to where you can back it of and enjoy the fruits of the hard work some. I am #4 world wide in sales for a forutne 100 company year to date. I put in 70 hours a week and have come to realize this is a norm to be successful in my line of work. Go watch the movies boiler room, Glen Gary Glen Ross, and Wall Street just don't do the unethecial stuff! They are good to watch if you are in sales.

Blues
D