skymama

Should more "B.O.B." stickers be made?

The first batch of B.O.B. stickers to honor Bob Holler and promote canopy safety have already sold out. I've been asked to see if there is still interest in them. If there is, Carey at Skysystems will have another batch made up, this time with the correct birth year. :ph34r: (In Carey's defense, it's not his fault, he got it off the Bent Prop website!)

The stickers cost $1 and all proceeds go to the Bent Prop Organization for MIA soldiers that Bob was heavily involved with.

If there's interest, I'll work with Carey in getting an address you can send your money and a self-adressed, stamped envelope to so you could get your stickers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The first batch of B.O.B. stickers to honor Bob Holler and promote canopy safety have already sold out. I've been asked to see if there is still interest in them. If there is, Carey at Skysystems will have another batch made up, this time with the correct birth year. :ph34r: (In Carey's defense, it's not his fault, he got it off the Bent Prop website!)

The stickers cost $1 and all proceeds go to the Bent Prop Organization for MIA soldiers that Bob was heavily involved with.

If there's interest, I'll work with Carey in getting an address you can send your money and a self-adressed, stamped envelope to so you could get your stickers.

Absolutely.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Would it be possible to have a DZ.com based fund raiser for both Bob and Danny's charities? I know quite a bit was raised for GFD last year, it would be nice to have one contact person/paypal account to donate to and just see everything split between the two organizations from DZ.commers pulling together.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Absolutely! Please order them? :o
I'll take several myself!

And who are the two asswipes that voted NO!>:(>:(
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

----------------------------------------------------------
And who are the two asswipes that voted NO!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably the same people that think this is somehow an attack on their right to Swoop anywhere or anytime they would like regardless if it puts others in danger or not

The question was should more BOB stickers be made.

I think the cause is great. But to raise awareness, the sticker should address the issue better. Putting it on my car, no one will understand its message. There is nothing mentioning Swooping, or who Bob was, so your reply doesn't apply to the sticker itself.

So, yes, make more stickers, but add a message about safety or the Bent Prop Organization or similar. Then when people read it they have a base for learning more about the message, and hopefully change their behavior in relation to it.

marc

The sticker is actually small (about 1"x3") and designed more for helmets, not car bumpers. B.O.B. is the way that Bob was referred to in DeLand because we have so many guys named Bob. Someone else came up with the idea that it can also mean, "because of Bob", meaning that everyone should talk to their dz about what the policies are regarding hook turns in traffic, in memory of Bob.

I like that it is vague because it might make someone ask you about your sticker and then the incident can be explained and discussed.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skymama,

I need to get at least 20. We are going to put them on the HH60's with the Rescue Squadron. Some of the PJ's new him and he is missed by the USAF. Its one thing to lose a great guy to retirement....its another to lose him completely.

Let me know how much and if I can paypal it.

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Yes please.

I like it just the way it is, sans erroneous birthday. It is a subtle, constant reminder to us all to keep our ego's in check and responsibility to every person in the air with us on EVERY skydive. I honestly believe this means something. Not only to Bob, but to all of us.

It is short and sweet and will encourage questions from up-and-coming jumpers. People entering the sport or still new might ask what it means when they see it. A perfect memorial to B.O.B. is to explain what happened and how it can be prevented.

Blue Ones,

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.