Acoisa

Someone make it stop!!!

Just started AFF on Monday, first Jump was supposed to be on Tuesday. Blue Skies all day long, every day, but too much wind to jump. Now it looks as if there insn't going to be a jump today (Wesdnesday) either. Tomorrow's forcast: cloudy skies, Friday: Rain....

There's 5 of us in the course, and wer're starting to get a bad mood, vacation time is running out... [:/]

Please someone do a rain/ wind dance for us!!

I can't think of another sport that has to deal with all of the following:

Wind
Clouds
Rain
Sleet
Hail
Snow
Pilots
Aircraft
Terrain
Kool-Kidz

Somewhere in the middle of all that we got to do a relatively safe skydive.

(Why did "skydive" show up as a mis-spelled word in here/):S

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Just started AFF on Monday, first Jump was supposed to be on Tuesday. Blue Skies all day long, every day, but too much wind to jump. Now it looks as if there insn't going to be a jump today (Wesdnesday) either. Tomorrow's forcast: cloudy skies, Friday: Rain....

There's 5 of us in the course, and wer're starting to get a bad mood, vacation time is running out... [:/]

Please someone do a rain/ wind dance for us!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of skydiving :)
__

My mighty steed

But... better get used to weather holds!

Skydiving can be all about having to hurry up and wait.

She hit the nail right on the head, Acoisa. My first year for 6 mos, I was only able to jump on the weekends. It was nothing but wind holds, low cloud ceilings, and rain. It took me nearly a year to get my A license.

Take your time, you're young and you've got all the time in the world ahead of you. I know how it is to be full of piss and vinegar too. You're gonna get antsy and impatient and even discouraged at times.

My advice to you, Acoisa is to use down time such as this to take a packing course, talk to other jump masters about safety issues such as canopy control and how to avoid canopy collisions. Talk to a JM about watching various AFF level video jumps so you know what to expect in the coming jump levels. Hang out and get to know the fun jumpers. There is so much you can learn while your grounded. You learn a lot more on the ground than you do in the air. Be patient and blue skies!

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

I wish you luck with the weather....

But... better get used to weather holds!

Skydiving can be all about having to hurry up and wait.

Yep.....weather can be bad juju...and can definitely be frustrating.....:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!