ifall

I love you but I'm not in love with you.

So I have been having this conversation with a girl at work and she is trying to convince me to see it her way but I just can't.

Do you think it is possible to love someone but not be in love with them? Explain your reasoning too if you would like to. Since she is a female and has a certain opinion about on it and I am a male I'd like to seperate the two in this poll if you would please.

This is my :D poll so please humor me.:)

Do you think it is possible to love someone but not be in love with them? Explain your reasoning too if you would like to. Since she is a female and has a certain opinion about on it and I am a male I'd like to seperate the two in this poll if you would please.

Of course, have you ever fell out of love for someone but still cared for them? That's exactly what that means. This is usually common in some long term relationships that just lost its flare.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Of course, have you ever fell out of love for someone but still cared for them? That's exactly what that means. This is usually common in some long term relationships that just lost its flare.

Yes, and I certainly still cared for them but I never gave my opinion of the question nor did I vote so how do you know which way I lean?:P

Absolutely can you "love" someone

and if you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Alot has to do with definitions here.

I voted yes. I see "in love with" as being more of a romance thing and to say I Love You as more of a caring for someone.

I guess a yes or a no would depend on your personal definitions.

I agree.

So I have been having this conversation with a girl at work and she is trying to convince me to see it her way but I just can't.

This is my :D poll so please humor me.:)

I think it's not only possible, but normal to love someonebut not be in love with them; furthermore, I think it can apply to both sexes. Love often times does not (or atleast doesn't have to) imply a sexual undertone. For example, I'm very close with a female friend of mine; I can honestly say that I love her, however she's married, so obviously our love isn't in a partner/sexual conotation. Likewise, I know my best friend for nearly 18 of my 26 years (he's 22) and also love him (it's like we're brothers) his family is like my extend family. So there ya go; it's possible to love someone, but not be in love with them.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Don't you love your family without being 'in love' with them? Close friends can be the same way. I love Kyle (Floats18 on here) like a pesky kid brother, but I'd throw up on him if he ever tried to kiss me! I'm definitely not 'in love' with him.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Don't you love your family without being 'in love' with them? Close friends can be the same way. I love Kyle (Floats18 on here) like a pesky kid brother, but I'd throw up on him if he ever tried to kiss me! I'm definitely not 'in love' with him.

Yes. And like I said before, I agree.:)

She probably connects well with you, loves talking with you and doing things with you, but she doesn't want to have sex with you. You might not be "her type" or what she has decided is "her type". It happens.

I don't really have any advice, as I only know this from "the other end". Difficult for her, difficult for you.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

She probably connects well with you, loves talking with you and doing things with you, but she doesn't want to have sex with you. You might not be "her type" or what she has decided is "her type". It happens.

I don't really have any advice, as I only know this from "the other end". Difficult for her, difficult for you.

Bingo! ;)

I know that I love pie, but not in a kinky, "are you sure that camera is off" sort of way! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

She's just my friend and we work together and email back and forth a bit. This was the topic of the day yesterday and I told her I was going to make it a poll. But thanks.:P

No. If you love someone than you are in love with them. The problem is when people confuse love and sex. You can love someone without having sex with them (thus you can be in love with your family and friends) and you can have sex with someone without loving them.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

No. If you love someone than you are in love with them. The problem is when people confuse love and sex. You can love someone without having sex with them and you can have sex with someone without loving them.

I am not in love with my mom.

I love her . . . But I am not IN love with her.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No. If you love someone than you are in love with them. The problem is when people confuse love and sex. You can love someone without having sex with them and you can have sex with someone without loving them.

I am not in love with my mom.

I love her . . . But I am not IN love with her.

By defintion would loving your mom not mean that you are in love with your mom? I believe it would.

By defintion would loving your mom not mean that you are in love with your mom? I believe it would.

Put down the crack pipe butters before you get a ninja star in the eye. :ph34r:;)

You love family members, you are not IN love with family members, unless you are in the type of family that keeps the boot knocking in the family.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

What Arkansas-style definition of "in love" do you subscribe to? :P

To love someone in the present tense is the same as being in love with someone. The problem is people correlate being in love with someone to being in a sexual relationship with that someone.